New to the forum

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally got around to joining. I have an approx 500 gallon old cement pond that we finally got around to cleaning up. It has a two tier waterfall that I've been told looks like a gold sluce lol. Dh bought a bio filter and hooked up a pump that he already had thinking he could get the waterfall running.......my thought was "now I can have fish":bouncycig:

I really wish someone would come along and tear the whole thing out so I could start over with a bigger and better pond, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. So just trying to figure out how to maintain the setup I have. Would like to have hubby make me a skippy type filter, I'm finding it's all a learning process and I have a lot to learn

Here are a few pics of my pond and my helpers Toby and Bella
100_4467.jpg

The water is not as green now as it was in this picture, I can actually see the fish now:)
100_4400.jpg

I have succulents growing on the tiers above the pond and I've been adding more rocks. Still need more plants in the pond. Have a few in there now, but it's been slow warming up this year and they haven't started growing yet.
100_4401.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomebee.gif
CountryPond

Nice pond you have there and very interesting waterfall and cute pups. They are really good posers for the camera I see :fish:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard,:rolleyes: Love your pugs! Awwww we have a OLD black pug, China. almost 12 almost blind and I'm think 100% deaf now. But she's my little black fat butt girlfriend. LOL

BTW, your pond has plenty of potential, I like the design and there are some good options. Like to see where the filter placement would be.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
welcome and it's always fun to figure out what to do next....as I've found I can't stop thinking of things to do to my own pond as it's only 3 months old! lol

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
Welcome aboard,:regular_waving_emot Love your pugs! Awwww we have a OLD black pug, China. almost 12 almost blind and I'm think 100% deaf now. But she's my little black fat butt girlfriend. LOL

BTW, your pond has plenty of potential, I like the design and there are some good options. Like to see where the filter placement would be.

Aww sweet, gotta love a pug!!! Right now the bio filter and pump are hidden behind the waterfall. Was thinking if we add a skippy filter, we could put it behind the brick wall. There is even a drain back there that goes out to one of the pastures, where the water could go when we back flush or run a hose to one of my many gardens. I really like my fish and want to keep them healthy with a good filtration system. I also think we need to get a pump with more GPH. One thing at a time:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome country pond, love the sluice! neat looking pond you have.

flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

Ask a Question