Who bought the Grey Poupon
Dinner is at the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We did have them add lights. We're still working on balancing those - we're going to have them add a few more to the waterfall. With all the little drops and falls, we want them all lit up. They uplit a few of the trees in the garden and added lights to our pondless waterfall - which they also did a bit of work on. It's like we're all spiffed up over here!
Come on @Lisak1 you know people want to know everything . what size bio fall how many gallons do you send to it an hour and what watt are the lights are they all 3 watt or are there some ones and 6's. i love when i can be nosey and blame others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Lisak1 ; better give GB his fix or he may lather and drool hisself all up one side and down the otter!

Very nice; I bet it was fun watching the transformation. I find the tweaks really make a project sing. When planning, you never really know how it'll turn out but after completion and some introspection, these tweaks sort of say 'HEY! Why didn't you do this??'. Then you get the satisfaction of making something you love even better!

Just like GB, I prodded him a bit re vids and my request, should you have the time/inclination, take some video from different angles, including down low. If you have something to hold your cell/cam, hold it overhead and almost do an aerial, but the details will be better because you're closer! Hold the cam for long seconds, pan like you have arthritis in your legs/arms, or just do it really really slow.

Looking Great!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dang it @brokensword I TOLD YOU KNOW CAVIAR that's insensitive.

external-content.duckduckgo.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I started reading your thread and immediately thought how hard it is to find a good contractor in my area. You were extremely lucky finding someone that good.

It doesn't matter if it's a roof, landscaping, plumbing, etc... they either don't answer your calls, or never show up. Too many horror stories of naive customers giving these low-lives a deposit and never seeing them again.
Then there's the quality of their work and the quality of their workers.

We need to do our roof. I called a few roofers and they never returned my calls. We got an excellent recommendation from a friend. His roofer immediately returned my call and showed up exactly at the time he promised. He was very professional and sent me a contract, his insurance paperwork and references the very next day. They will be here next week with 15 guys! He promised it will be done in one day!

So spread the word if you find someone that great!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I started reading your thread and immediately thought how hard it is to find a good contractor in my area. You were extremely lucky finding someone that good.

It doesn't matter if it's a roof, landscaping, plumbing, etc... they either don't answer your calls, or never show up. Too many horror stories of naive customers giving these low-lives a deposit and never seeing them again.

We need to do our roof. I called a few roofers and they never returned my calls. We got an excellent recommendation from a friend. His roofer immediately returned my call and showed up exactly at the time he promised. He was very professional and sent me a contract, his insurance paperwork and references the very next day. They will be here next week with 15 guys! He promised it will be done in one day!

Word of mouth; best advertising you can get!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

You have tuscany or how ever you pronouce there name out there in pa. And atlantis water gardens in jersey they both travel to your area though maybe not to just add a bog

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Again - totally not plugging Aquascape, but they build beautiful, functional ponds. If you can find a CAC in your area, check out their work. If they've paid any attention at all to the training they receive, you'll have a good chance of finding a pond builder who understands what makes a pond beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Come on @Lisak1 you know people want to know everything . what size bio fall how many gallons do you send to it an hour and what watt are the lights are they all 3 watt or are there some ones and 6's. i love when i can be nosey and blame others.

The biofalls is the 2500. No clue how much water goes to it - we've got a 4-8000 variable pump feeding bog and biofalls. And the lights? Also no clue! They'll be back next week to tweak the lights - I'll learn more then I'm sure!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
they either don't answer your calls, or never show up.

Boy can I relate - and I can even add more mystery to that game. Three years ago we completely gutted and remodeled our house. 85% do-over. Everything from the venting to the insulation to the drywall to the floors, new kitchen, new bathrooms... the works. Dealt with many many contractors - some were AMAZING. Eventually found a great plumber and a superb electrician, excellent HVAC people. HOWEVER in the process we made lots of appointments with "professionals" who, like you said, never called back, never showed up, etc.

The most puzzling ones however were the guys who kept the appointment, spent several hours going over the work that we wanted done, taking notes, and then... Nothing. No call, no bid, nada. I mean, tell me to my face if the job is too big, too small, too whatever... but don't waste my time while I wait for you to get back to me with a price and then just leave me hanging! Very weird. My husband started calling them back and leaving a message - "just let me know that you aren't dead. I'm worried." haha!

In short, yes - we do feel VERY LUCKY that we found someone who knew what they were doing!

Ask a Question