Newbie from PA

Reaction score
I just got to this forum as well. I've had my do-it-youself pond for 3 years and the best advice comes from people who've been there. I bought my liner because it was the dimensions that I needed. One piece of advice I thought was very helpful was go a little bigger than what you think. Most pond owners get the bug and wish they went bigger in the original construction.

Reaction score
I just got to this forum as well. I've had my do-it-youself pond for 3 years and the best advice comes from people who've been there. I bought my liner because it was the dimensions that I needed. One piece of advice I thought was very helpful was go a little bigger than what you think. Most pond owners get the bug and wish they went bigger in the original construction.

I can believe it, I am already thinking about going bigger, and I haven't started the build yet:D

but I have limitations based on the location of where the pond is going to be. I just need to find a good deal on a liner now and I will be really happy, i wish there was somewhere you could get off cuts, or if someone wanted to go half on a big piece. I will keep looking i have plenty of time :)

Reaction score
There is an easy solution to your space limitations, build the pond the way it needs to be built there, then find a spot for a second pond that doesn't have restraints. See easy.

Reaction score
Stream is certainly a possibility, but keeping them separate has advantages as well. I have koi in a large pond and goldfish in a small pond. I can keep all the plants I want in the goldfish pond and not have to worry about them getting damaged so I use that as my plant incubator and move stuff over to the koi pond every couple of weeks.

Reaction score
There is an easy solution to your space limitations, build the pond the way it needs to be built there, then find a spot for a second pond that doesn't have restraints. See easy.
that is an awesome way of thinking. I don't know how I will convince my wife, but I'll finish the first one before I try :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Geez I just went to the BTL site and calculated what a 10 x 20 liner would cost w/ shipping and it came out to $169.06. That sounds pretty cheap to me and that was for the 30 mil strongest reinforced type they have! I think next time I build a pond I will go that route. I think they will send you a sample of the material before you buy also.

Reaction score
I looked at their website and and the price of the liner a 15f x 20f ppl36 liner is $162+ $60.35 = $222.35 but I looked at the water garden and I can get a 15f x 20f Firestone 45m EPDM for $219 with free delivery so i think it will be the EPDM one unless I find something even cheaper

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Prolly the bigger you get the more you would save maybe w/ the PPL kind? I know it has the plus of not slippery like addy says and it is much lighter in weight and if you read about it it says it is reinforced in the innards so I think I might still choose it for myself on durability and ease of application too. That is a good price tho I think for the Firestone one and will do just fine for you.

Reaction score
[quote name='don't ask' timestamp='1340830714' post='127187']
cheesy what part of Pa?
[/quote]

I'm in Delaware county

Reaction score
I just bought the Firestone EPDM 45mil 15x20 from the water garden, they seemed great, quick replies to emails and they have shipped with a UPS tracking number already. They also sorted me out with a piece of 5x5ft EPDM for my waterfall for a great rate too. All with free postage.

Today was very productive for me, I ordered my liner and my UV light, I only need to get the lumber and I can make a start :D

Ask a Question