JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Now please. There is only one America's team and it is the Dallas Cowboys.

We were dubbed it for a reason. We are the most popular team with the most fans and the team that's worth the most. Far more than the Packers. We are worth almost double of the Packers.

We have more super bowl wins than the packers more playoff wins and more appearances in playoffs than the Packers so let's not get nuts. And we have only been around half the time and still have more in all of those categories which makes it even more impressive. I tried being cordial here about the fans but you are off the deep end with your America's Team nonsense.

:ROFLMAO:

Let's not get nuts indeed. Let's look at the facts.

1.) The Cowboys do have a much shorter history in american football, while the Packers have a long and storied history in this country. (Point goes to the Packers for America's team)
2.) The Cowboys do have one more championship under the "Super Bowl" name (five total), but the Packers have more total championships (thirteen total). (Point: Packers)
3.) The Cowboys have more Superbowl losses. (Point: Packers)
3.) Both teams have 32 playoff appearances. (tie)
4.) Cowboys have one more playoff win (which will change one way or the other this weekend), but then again, does that matter much when considering the Packers went on to win more championships? (Point: Packers)
5.) The Cowboys are certainly worth more, but I wouldn't consider that a qualification for "America's team". Still, I'll give the Cowboys a point for it. (Point: Cowboys)
6.) The Cowboys are frequently on the top of the list for largest fan base, but it also switches between the Packers and Patriots, too,
...however, both the Patriots and Cowboys almost always top the "America's least favorite team" and "most hated team" lists. (minus 1 point for the Cowboys)

That's 4 points to Packers and 0 to the Cowboys.

That was all for fun, but in reality, the only qualification for America's team is which team has a larger, widespread fan base across the country - which team America likes more - and there is no statistic for that, although it's worth noting that the Cowboys play for one of the largest cities in the country in the second most populated state. The Packers are in the smallest NFL city in a state with an average population, which would suggest that Packer fans are more widespread across the country. (Point: Packers :D)

I thought the Patriots were Americas team?

No, the Patriots are just the team who's theme is "America's team" :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's not quite the Aikman-Smith era anymore. Dallas is led by rookies now. They've had a successful season, but will they be able to handle the pressure of the NFL playoffs? I'm not so sure about that. Their offense has been tough, though, and the Packers defense is has been pretty bad this year. I think that's largely what the game will come down to. The Cowboys offense and the Packers defense. I don't think this game will mirror what we saw in week 6, but having seen my team get four losses in a row, and then seeing them get 7 wins in a row, I have no idea what to expect.
that was said about the Seahawks not too long ago, that being said that Seattle team had a way better D,however the Dallas front line could even make me into a great QB. I think they still have an outside chance of making the super bowl. If Elliott is the real deal, they will start to spoil their fans again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Now please. There is only one America's team and it is the Dallas Cowboys.

We were dubbed it for a reason. We are the most popular team with the most fans and the team that's worth the most. Far more than the Packers. We are worth almost double of the Packers.

We have more super bowl wins than the packers more playoff wins and more appearances in playoffs than the Packers so let's not get nuts. And we have only been around half the time and still have more in all of those categories which makes it even more impressive. I tried being cordial here about the fans but you are off the deep end with your America's Team nonsense.

dear mr admin, can we get an animated gif of the emo eating popcorn, I seeing fighting words.....:mad::eek::D:rolleyes:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If Elliott is the real deal, they will start to spoil their fans again.

You never know, but people said the same thing about the 49ers with Kaepernick, and the Redskins with RGIII. Sometimes, things look great initially, but it doesn't last. It's too early to know what the Cowboy's scenario will be, but it'll be interesting to watch it play out. I think regardless of what happens, it's a great decision to move away from Romo. They were never going to win a Super Bowl with him.

JBailey

Jack of all trades; master of some
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just sayin :D
15826263_10154874853427392_4121151352110795288_n.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
:ROFLMAO:

Let's not get nuts indeed. Let's look at the facts.

1.) The Cowboys do have a much shorter history in american football, while the Packers have a long and storied history in this country. (Point goes to the Packers for America's team)

Just becuse you are older doesn't make you better. And you've had 2 times the years to become more valueable and have more fans and you coudln't do it.

2.) The Cowboys do have one more championship under the "Super Bowl" name (five total), but the Packers have more total championships (thirteen total). (Point: Packers)

Yep. A packer fan would count years the Cowboys weren't even around.

3.) The Cowboys have more Superbowl losses. (Point: Packers)

More super bowl wins than the Packers. Try again.

3.) Both teams have 32 playoff appearances. (tie)

Cowboys have more playoff wins. Oops.

4.) Cowboys have one more playoff win (which will change one way or the other this weekend), but then again, does that matter much when considering the Packers went on to win more championships? (Point: Packers)

LOL We have more wins and somehow you have convinced yourself that's a point to the packers. Only from a state that had a Packers Suicide Hotline in the 90s could that ever be thought up

5.) The Cowboys are certainly worth more, but I wouldn't consider that a qualification for "America's team". Still, I'll give the Cowboys a point for it. (Point: Cowboys)

More fans more money.

6.) The Cowboys are frequently on the top of the list for largest fan base, but it also switches between the Packers and Patriots, too,

LOL Please. You don't come close to the fans the Cowboys have.

...however, both the Patriots and Cowboys almost always top the "America's least favorite team" and "most hated team" lists. (minus 1 point for the Cowboys)

The butthurt of packer fans does not give you a point my friend.

That's 4 points to Packers and 0 to the Cowboys.

Only in Green Bay. I've been there and its not like there is anything do to up there anyway :D

That was all for fun, but in reality, the only qualification for America's team is which team has a larger, widespread fan base across the country - which team America likes more - and there is no statistic for that, although it's worth noting that the Cowboys play for one of the largest cities in the country in the second most populated state. The Packers are in the smallest NFL city in a state with an average population, which would suggest that Packer fans are more widespread across the country. (Point: Packers :D)

LOL Wrong

Facebook-NFL-fan-map-hi-res.jpg

If you squint hard enough you can see the tiny space where the Packer fans are :D

Our cheerleaders even got their own movie. Do packers even roll out a cheerleading squad?

So once again Cowboys have

more superbowl wins,
more playoff wins
more playoff appearances
far more brand name recognition worldwide
cheerleaders with their own movie
more fans
more fans over a wider area in the US
more fans worldwide
and worth almost twice of what the packers are.

America has spoken :)

Americas-Team-Cover-Art.jpg

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

By the logic of your map, the Broncos are America's team. My definition of widespread is based on numbers. Not "the most poplar team in a larger area". Texas is a large state and surrounded by states that don't have teams. It's all about counting the fans in every state. That's what makes it widespread.
Also, you might need to change a few playoff stats now. ;)

But alas, America's team is moving on to play the Falcons now. Any Falcons fans on the forum? :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question