Night Time Pond and Some Fishies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I took some pictures today :)

DSCN1817.jpg

Plus I took some photos of the fishies through the clearest water I have ever had (thanks skippies)

Funny, someone asked me before if my white fish were yellow... I said no my water color just makes them look that way. But now that my water is clear I think my white fish do have yellow heads and tails... Silly fishies.

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1815.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love your pond, very pretty. My white fish have yellow heads and tails too. Look just like yours do.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a pretty photo of your pond at night! Aha I too see your yellow heads and tails on your fishes and it looks cool! Your water is really clear and love how your deck comes right up to the edge of your pond!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, great job, pretty fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow, your pond is really nice. The night photo is great. It seems like most of your fish are comets, but there was one black one with a yellow head. Is that one a Koi?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The strange fish with the white fish appeared along with a couple others last summer. They all the exact same and grow much quicker than the comet fry I had last year. They are actually kind of a greenish yellow color with a white face but look dark in the pond. I have been told they are comets by a few folks. Interesting thing though is that the three of them look the exact same and grow so fast. That is unlike my other comets.

Here is a thread I started a while back about them with better pictures.
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/top...lien-fish/page__hl__alien+fish__fromsearch__1

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Your pond is beautiful. How far does your deck extend of the pond? That is our next build. lol I love the light you have under your waterfall. I can imagine sitting out there in the evening just enjoying the beauty of it all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your pond is beautiful. How far does your deck extend of the pond? That is our next build. lol I love the light you have under your waterfall. I can imagine sitting out there in the evening just enjoying the beauty of it all.

It barely hangs over maybe an inch or so. Just enough to cover that part of the liner.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the night pic also .Wow you have a lot of plants in your pond ,the fish must love all the hiding places it gives them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very nice. Calm and relaxing. Looks like a few baskets with water lilies in them?

Yep lots of water lilies :) I have 4 from last year 3 white and 1 yellow. Then I planted another 4 that were sent to me from Addy, pretty pink ones. I also bought 1 this year from Texas Waterlilies called Black Magic, it is a dark red. So 9 total. I think ithey should provide some good shade for the water and cover for the fishies once they grow more.

I have 4 iris's and a bald cyrpus (hasn't started leafing out yet so I am not sure if it survived). I also so have some penny wort and and creeping jenny planted along the edges plus a couple floating type plants that Addy sent me. In the mini bog I have a fern, a hosta, sweet flag, some watercress, 2 reeds, another grass, a day lily and some creeping Jenny.

I finished planting 1 of the skippies yesterday, it has watercress, mint, a hosta, monkey flower and another plant Addy sent.

I finished planting my floating planter as well. It has sweet flag, an ostrich fern (probably wont make it and will be replaced with a canna lily), watercress, creeping jenny, and mint.

I think the local grocery store thinks I am crazy buying up all their watercress every week LOL.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am trying ginger root from the grocery store again .I had it growing in NJ and it took over but had to try it again .Swiss chard works good also

Ask a Question