Non toxic rock glue?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there. I'm not exactly a novice, but I am still kind of new-ish at this pond thing. I am learning a lot and am pleased with my results! My question is this: I want to glue down some of the rocks that I am using for "pond-scaping" my plastic pond, but not only do I have fish, but someone in my neighborhood is keeping bees, and they come to water at my pond. I do not want to take any chances with a product. I want to keep both fish and bees healthy and happy. Can someone recommend a good, safe product that will not break the bank?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Are these rocks subsurface or along the edge? Bob Smith Gel http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_gel.html works for underwater applications if that is what you are desiring. However, I strongly suggest you contact Bob Smith and ask them if it is 'Bee safe' because as you know, bees are extremely sensitive. I would not use any adhesive unless you are certain it is bee safe. Congratulations on being so protective of our bees!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have fish and bees, lots of bees. I have used PL roofing goop to attach rocks, also good silicone. No harm to the bees.
With the bees, make sure you have shallow areas, or floating plants for them to land on, they drown a lot if there is no real shallow area or a vegetation area to land on. In my hot tub pond I put stems of dead grass, they were drowning until I gave them a landing area. The plants have not started growing.

Mine drink a lot from the bog, on top of floating parrots feather, on the pea gravel.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have fish and bees, lots of bees. I have used PL roofing goop to attach rocks, also good silicone. No harm to the bees.
With the bees, make sure you have shallow areas, or floating plants for them to land on, they drown a lot if there is no real shallow area or a vegetation area to land on. In my hot tub pond I put stems of dead grass, they were drowning until I gave them a landing area. The plants have not started growing.

Mine drink a lot from the bog, on top of floating parrots feather, on the pea gravel.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I have for my bees is a piece of old coral. I have been balancing it against part of the plastic cascade, and since it is porous, the water soaks into all the little holes like a sponge and the bees drink right out of that. The piece of coral is propped up by other rocks, but those rocks take up a lot of real estate in the actual pond itself. I want to be able to glue the coral to the plastic so that I don't have to worry about it falling if the other rocks shift.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! Are these rocks subsurface or along the edge? Bob Smith Gel http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_gel.html works for underwater applications if that is what you are desiring. However, I strongly suggest you contact Bob Smith and ask them if it is 'Bee safe' because as you know, bees are extremely sensitive. I would not use any adhesive unless you are certain it is bee safe. Congratulations on being so protective of our bees!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The rocks are, for the most part, just landscaping, but I have a piece of old coral that the bees drink from. I position it against part of the plastic cascade and the water seeps through it. It gives them a place to perch and drink safely. I would like to glue the coral to the cascade so that I can get rid of the big rocks that it is propped up on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Use some of the good silicone. Like the stuff you can buy at home depot for fish tanks.

Our bees drink from all our water sources except the large fish filled pond. Not enough shallow/plant filled areas.

Ask a Question