Noob to ponds

Reaction score
Hi All

My name is Rob. I have just bought my first house and in doing so am now the owner of a pond (in fact two ponds to be accurate).

I know nothing about ponds, fish so I've joined here to learn.

So what have I got?

Well there is a "Nature Pond" or annoying puddle as I like to call it. Which will be filled in as soon as possible.

Then there is the proper pond which is approx 12ft X 7ft and like the house in a state of disrepair. Back when the weather was colder and the water was clearer I could see the fish (Goldfish I'm guessing), the owner had said they were going to take them but I guess they didn't. After the thaw I became a bit concerned, One of the plants had died and so I removed it and in doing so I also found 2 dead fish and a dead frog. This has lead me to investigate the pond equipment.
1 x Fountain, Working
2 x Bioforce 9000 Condition unknown.
1 x Titan 15000, not working
1 x Hailea Air Flow 4 Working but pipes in need of repair.

I have had a quick search for info on this kit but nothing has come up so far. Is there a good place of reference for manuals for old Hozelock equipment?

I'd love to know if it's possible to repair the pump and filters. I need to do this as cheaply as possible, I don't want to kill the fish that are alive but I can't afford to replace this gear with new.

Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Update. Have managed to get pump working. Unfortunately one of the filter units has a broken UV module and who ever designed the system didn't put in any valves so I can't just run on the one I have. That said I don't know if thats UV is working either. :)

I'm of to Pet At Home to see if the have any fittings to blank off.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcom25frog.gif
Rob

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.

Just another little update. I couldn't get hold of a blank as the fitting is Hozelock specific.
I really need to find a place for cheap spares, or work out the cost of replacing the filter units. Having looked on the internet some parts seam almost as expensive as buying a complete new unit.

Can anyone tell me if there is a better unit in the same price range I should go for, or is it best to stick with Hozelock?

Ask a Question