morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
There have been numerous studies from a myriad of respectable researchers on the correlation between nutrition and health. I have deduced the following:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat, lots or rice and fish and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and starchy food yet suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine yet the incidence of heart attacks is below that of Americans...
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of fatty sausages yet suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

In conclusion, I have deduced that it is not the consumption of fatty foods or alcohol that contributes largely to cardiac events, it is rather the language spoken that determines the rate of cardiac events.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mainly because we are lazy and sit to much on our butts .I have been a vegetarian all my life and there is no fat in veggies ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
There have been numerous studies from a myriad of respectable researchers on the correlation between nutrition and health. I have deduced the following:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat, lots or rice and fish and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and starchy food yet suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine yet the incidence of heart attacks is below that of Americans...
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of fatty sausages yet suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

In conclusion, I have deduced that it is not the consumption of fatty foods or alcohol that contributes largely to cardiac events, it is rather the language spoken that determines the rate of cardiac events.

Aren't you leaving for Cuba Libre or somewhere like that soon?
;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Mainly because we are lazy and sit to much on our butts .I have been a vegetarian all my life and there is no fat in veggies ;)

My daughter who lives with us has been a vegetarian most of her life, and became vegan a year ago. My hubby is a vegetarian and I occasionally eat meat. My daughter's diet habits have made us more nutrition conscious , and we've been surprised how delicious and flavorful her home cooked vegan meals are.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Eat lots of animal fats and stay the heck away from vegetable oils and margarine, cause that is where all the bad Trans fats are... Pure lard has zero grams of trans fat, vegetable shorting will kill you cause that is where all the trans fats are!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We eat the most amount of vegetable oils on the planet cause it's our #1 crop and have the most heart attacks!!!

English Journal of medicine says beef fat is the VERY BEST for your HEART cause it contains Seric acid which is very good for heart.

It does NOT get any more Credible than The English Journal Of Medicine !!!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
And going vegan will not improve your heart. I know some life long vegetarians who have heart problems (one had to get a pig valve for her heart) and my Vegan sisters are certainty not any healthier since going vegan years ago. They are weak, don't work hard, and now my one Vegan sister who is just 11 months older than me, her ancles are swelling by her feet, not good, and she is very skinny!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Yup, trans fats are bad....don't think anyone recommends them ! My vegan daughter is motivated by animal cruelty .

Sheep and cattle produce a lot of methane gas. Raising cattle to eat, may not be a sustainable food production model for our future, if we keep harming our environment.

I'm eating Hershey chocolate kisses as I type this - LOL !!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy fish is fish and usually tastes like fish :);)I see so many farmers both chicken and beef shooting there cows full of water and steroids that it is sad and then they shoot them full of antibiotics because of the poor conditions they raise them in .They need to fatten them up fast ,not like the old days .Some are trying to get back to the old ways at least.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We don't have steroids in our meat in Canada, so thank goodness for that. I tend to get free range meat and eggs and often by from a local vendor at the Farmers Market, which is organic and the cows are happy cows that eat lots of grass.

Vegan sisters tried to force their vegan crap down my throat and now I have a "vegan chip on my shoulder" and even the word Vegan annoys me.... so you will have to forgive me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We don't have steroids in our meat in Canada, so thank goodness for that. I tend to get free range meat and eggs and often by from a local vendor at the Farmers Market, which is organic and the cows are happy cows that eat lots of grass...

Although we buy most of our groceries from a farmer's market as well, I always wonder...

Put yourself in the position of the "farmer" in the kiosk at the market.
If you're a struggling businessperson, would you keep on using "organic" methods if your business was struggling and using some chemicals was a cheap alternative for getting your product to market?
The only thing regulated about farmers markets is that they pay their monthly kiosk rent.

I especially stay away from kiosks that look like they're struggling.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My dad was an organic farmer back when organic was not a key word (60's) The people came to our house to buy food and they could see how it was grown and knew that it was picked that day .We even sold to McAteers restaurant on Easton Ave . they came every morning to pick up there stuff .My father was very fussy about it .He was even certified by Rutgers University and they would bring students to the farm.I remember them and there visits .We only raised chickens to get bugs in the gardens .We have several certified organic farmers here in VA run by families .You can go to there farms and pick up fresh stuff .I went yesterday and got apples for apple pies and potato's for for cream of potato soup .I meant them at our local farmers market and found they only live about 4 miles from my house and I have been going there for over 8 years .Got broccoli /cauliflower / radish's and carrots also.YUMMY .The green houses are full .

Ask a Question