I let my head rule my heart

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I saw the cutest little calico fantail yesterday. Lovely colors, nice shape -- I wish I'd taken a picture of it! I was so tempted to buy it but stayed a while and studied the other fish in the tank. While this one looked healthy, there were a couple of other fish in the tank that appeared to have issues. Right now I don't have a separate tank that I could QT just a single fish in......so I left without the fish.

I think I will see what I can do about transfering my 2 [currently] indoor GF to the pond, and maybe using that tank as a QT. It's a 20 gal. Then, if that little guy is still there in a few days......

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't you have a bathtub?? :wideyed::joyful:
Well...... We have 2, one that I use to bathe in and one in the guest bath that is also DS's bathroom. He's off at college, but last spring I used his tub to QT some new fish -- he wasn't happy!

BUT, yes, I can use a tote! Inconvenient [which my family hates], but it is an solution!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@Tula , find one! It was worth every penny. Within an hour, he had made ALL of our fish calm, friendly, and unafraid to approach us humans!! It was magical. It seems everything I've read about Chagoi is true. :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula , find one! It was worth every penny. Within an hour, he had made ALL of our fish calm, friendly, and unafraid to approach us humans!! It was magical. It seems everything I've read about Chagoi is true. :happy:
Hmmm, where would I find one? I wrote an e-mail to our local fish hatchery, but didn't get a response. I'll stop by to speak with them, but don't know of any other fish places on our area. I LOVE them :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@Tula Hmmmm... the koi dealer I buy from locally has had this one for over a year. Maybe try some of the koi farmers who ship safely? I've bought 2 from http://www.kloubeckoi.com/ and they arrived safe, happy, healthy, and not even very stressed the next day (shipped from Iowa to Washington state). The owner, Ellen Kloubec, provides wonderful customer service. Some people are very anti-online fish buying, but she stands behind the quality and health of her fish. I'm sure she could get you a nice Chagoi.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula Hmmmm... the koi dealer I buy from locally has had this one for over a year. Maybe try some of the koi farmers who ship safely? I've bought 2 from http://www.kloubeckoi.com/ and they arrived safe, happy, healthy, and not even very stressed the next day (shipped from Iowa to Washington state). The owner, Ellen Kloubec, provides wonderful customer service. Some people are very anti-online fish buying, but she stands behind the quality and health of her fish. I'm sure she could get you a nice Chagoi.
Thanks! I took a look at their site and they have three butterfly Chagoi....hmmmmmmm........

Ask a Question