sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the idea and it will be neat to see it .It is still hard for me to imagine frost at this time of year .But guess Maine ,even if it is southern Maine ,Which putting those 2 words together sounds even weirder .We skipped spring here and just went to winter ,been in the 80's and 90's here .I had my first pond lily bloom in March ,which was weird even for here .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love the idea and it will be neat to see it .It is still hard for me to imagine frost at this time of year .But guess Maine ,even if it is southern Maine ,Which putting those 2 words together sounds even weirder .We skipped spring here and just went to winter ,been in the 80's and 90's here .I had my first pond lily bloom in March ,which was weird even for here .

Good Morning!
I agree, "Southern Maine" is close to a contradiction. I'm not a big fan of 90 degrees though, and on the one or two days a summer we do get that warm, our fish start sweating and head for the bottom of the pond! :)
We have potential for frost this evening, and maybe some snow in the mountains. It's not unheard of, but pretty unusual. I'm pretty sure climate change is not a hoax.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Over population is causing a major impact on weather .Way to many people and to much waste

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
An update...just a couple more coats of varnish, a couple of platforms built to support the pots within the boat and it'll be ready for launching. I'm hoping for the later part of next week (most of the front part looks rainy....) I know boats get wet, but it's the celebration I don't want to get "dampened". A couple of neighbors and some adult beverages may accompany the "wetting" of the boat.
For perspective here's the "project" as of yesterday...........all 10' of it. :happy:

DSC05762.JPG DSC05761.JPG DSC05760.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
.........it's not completely done, but yesterday was sunny and (relatively) warm, and I couldn't stand it any more so the sampan went over the side. It's going to take some time for it to take up, but it's not making water very fast so it may only take a couple of days to swell shut.
The large hose is temporary until the bottom makes up then it will be replaced with a more discreet hose to handle the rain.

Here's how it looks now.........

DSC05807.JPG DSC05811.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you!
Once this foolish weather settles into a normal pattern (whatever normal is these days...) the final details with the cormorant and a couple more light plants in the middle will be added......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
.....Was going to place the bird and just leave it, but thought what if some 'coon came along and thought it would make a nice snack. I had to re-think the bird mounting scheme so it could be removed easily. With that accomplished it's time to do something else for a while.......

DSC05829.JPG

DSC05837.JPG He kinda looks like an Oriental hood ornament in this one! :)

DSC05840.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thought I'd add a current photo. The flowers filled out nicely in the sampan and finally, the rest of the flowers have shown up! :)

Nearly over-flowing as my mind's eye saw it
DSC06009.JPG

Clematis
DSC06006.JPG

DSC06010.JPG

Lillies pushing through.....
DSC06012.JPG

Ask a Question