Old Windows XP breaking down all the time what do you think of windows 10?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I loved Windows XP, loved Windows 8, and Windows 10 is ok. I don't have many complaints about it.
I had to go through tons of privacy settings after the initial switch. They want access to everything.
The only other complaint is that it updates way too often. Seems like everytime I log off or on, it's installing updates. Sometimes I'm in a rush in the morning and need to log on real quick before I leave, and so many times it's in the middle of installing updates so and I have to sit and wait it out. That can be frustrating.
Started the Laptop up for the first time to transfer data across etc however we had to go through over 3.5 hours of down loads before we could even start this , [ so thank god its only the once ].....

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
updates are a pain in the butt with windows 10 but updates with all the rest have taken time also .Not sure maybe it is HP also that does updates around the same time

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I rely on cortana if I have problems .All I do is ask and she resolves the matter ,no waiting for my son to do it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I'm still using Win 7 on my desktop. Hubs' laptop has Win 10, which took some getting used to, and that was fine until a few weeks ago when something happened and he can no longer print via wifi from the laptop. It's not a network issue, it's not a printer issue as my desktop and my iPhone both print via wifi just fine... An IT person I chatted with on Facebook said that sadly he has dealt with a lot of issues like that where a Win 10 computer and a wifi printer just will not communicate with each other.

Anyway, I'm still partial to Windows 7 as it's stable, no issues, and it's also what's on my computer at work.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lappy was win8 converted to win10 it has had a few issues with the wifi adapter. We are so dependent on it working well with all the stuff I take care of. I have to keep trouble shooting it.

I finally decided to pick up a dell xps13. On sale of course. Rated very high via all the raters out there. I have been looking for a few months now. Win 10 has worked with our printers etc nicely so far lol. We don't have internet here, just use a hot spot which is working great, via T-Mobile. Used 14gb in the last few weeks lol

I will keep this one working since it converts to a tablet very nicely. I prefer the keyboard, but tablets are nice now and then.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@teeemkay I had some printer not working issues too w/my win 10 and found I just had to go into the control panel and re-allow the printer to work. Had to do this a couple different times. Also unplugging my printer cable and plugging it back in also worked on a different printer issue. You prolly tried all this already tho. Thankfully no problems w/it now. It's an older printer too. HP photosmart 3310 All in one.

Your doing wi/fi tho and I'm not using mine that way so all this may not apply.The cable I unplugged was the power cord tho.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
@teeemkay I had some printer not working issues too w/my win 10 and found I just had to go into the control panel and re-allow the printer to work. Had to do this a couple different times. Also unplugging my printer cable and plugging it back in also worked on a different printer issue. You prolly tried all this already tho. Thankfully no problems w/it now. It's an older printer too. HP photosmart 3310 All in one.

Your doing wi/fi tho and I'm not using mine that way so all this may not apply.The cable I unplugged was the power cord tho.
Yeah, I have a feeling it's some sort of glitch with Win 10 (possibly something with a recent Windows update) and the networking. Hubs and I are fairly tech-savvy people, so we tried every suggestion we could research online, but alas, no luck. Eh, we'll figure it out at some point.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Yeah, I have a feeling it's some sort of glitch with Win 10 (possibly something with a recent Windows update) and the networking. Hubs and I are fairly tech-savvy people, so we tried every suggestion we could research online, but alas, no luck. Eh, we'll figure it out at some point.
can it b old hardware like printers routers as they were tested on win 7 or 8 ? it happens in some cases that you have bought printer in 2010 which was compatible for win7 then we update os to 10 and the manufacturers stop updating drivers .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My printer failed no matter what so I just took my sons old printer that he said was to slow for his business .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
can it b old hardware like printers routers as they were tested on win 7 or 8 ? it happens in some cases that you have bought printer in 2010 which was compatible for win7 then we update os to 10 and the manufacturers stop updating drivers .
It's possible. The laptop worked fine with the printer from the day we got it (the laptop) and then something went wrong. At some point we will try printing via USB from the laptop... if that works that way, then it might not be a driver problem and could more likely be a networking/wifi issue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm a tech guy, go with win10 if your computer is i5 or 7

much more stable than win8, I also like the classic icon view vs. the charm view and its easy to go between

I also hate upgrading but win10 is worth the hassle

Ask a Question