sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
fish will clean the pond if you don't overfeed them .Makes it so much easier to taker care of

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fish will clean the pond if you don't overfeed them .Makes it so much easier to taker care of
I don't feed heavy at all. Actually go weeks without feeding, they have a lot of food to snack on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've finally gotten started on the whole project. It's not going as quickly as I would have hoped. But then again, I can't say I would've thought digging a hole by hand would have required so much labor!! That being said, the hole is almost done. I've got the skimmer placed and the basic waterfall form set up. And I got lots of rocks! i happened across someone who had used rocks for their landscaping but no longer wanted them, so we shoveled them all into my car and I brought them home (around 2000 lbs o_O). Here's the beginning of my showcase. Thank you everyone for the support!
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/showcase/oklahoma-pond.94/

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
free is always great and sure your wife is going to be 100% thrilled when you are done .Every day will be a new adventure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally gotten started on the whole project. It's not going as quickly as I would have hoped. But then again, I can't say I would've thought digging a hole by hand would have required so much labor!! That being said, the hole is almost done. I've got the skimmer placed and the basic waterfall form set up. And I got lots of rocks! i happened across someone who had used rocks for their landscaping but no longer wanted them, so we shoveled them all into my car and I brought them home (around 2000 lbs o_O). Here's the beginning of my showcase. Thank you everyone for the support!
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/showcase/oklahoma-pond.94/

Really interested in your project actually as I'm about to begin my own first pond next month and it looks to be a comparable size, compared to some of the behemoth ponds that I've seen when trawling these forums.

Very best of luck!
What do you plan on stocking it with? Did you mention koi?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The slower you go the more you can think through every aspect of the build .I got an e-mail from Eric ,he was concerned because he had not heard from me .Him and pond hunter are the best

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Here we are a couple of months later, but her present is finished. She has her pond, waterfall, and goldfishies! Not sure how to link my showcase from here, but pics are there for everyone to check out. My wife loves her new relaxation area. Just need to set up some permanent seating out there and we'll be good to go!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good luck with your new pond. The electric outlets should be about 18" off of the ground.. They should be GFCI protected and on a dedicated 20 amp circuit if possible with 12 gauge wiring. Also you should use exterior covers so they are water tight, The wiring should be running through properly rated conduit. Where I live the conduit required is steel, but typically rated pvc is acceptable in other communities. I would recommend to use an electrician so you can be assured everything is properly grounded.

Ask a Question