otter issues

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in Massachusetts and this morning I saw an otter sneak in under my pond net and grab a goldfish. I lost a 21" Shusui Koi last week too! Any ideas on how to deter the little bugger? The net doesn't seem to be enough. I was thinking of picking up a decoy coyote and decoy hawk.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
awww, now otters, what is not to like about them

Other than their fondness for sushi

Regards, andy
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/
otter cuddles teddy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Better not mention anything nasty to rid yourself of this problem Val my Partner loves them :)

Dave

Reaction score
I have to admit they are cute....but it's getting ugly for the fish. I bought a decoy owl and coyote urine and put more rocks around the net to keep it down but he came back this morning.

Reaction score
It's new to me too, the guy at the garden store that's been there about 30 years said he's never heard of this either, he said the otters are very rare and unfortunately for me very smart! I just called Dr. Foster's and Smith asking for a suggestion and they were stumped, they told me to call Animal Control. I think I'll try my neighbor's have a heart trap.

Ask a Question