Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hubby proposed to me in the backyard of our house....he was looking for a house and we were still dating! We were so in love with each other and the house - gardens we barely noticed it's "money pit" potential - LOL !

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hubby proposed to me in the backyard of our house....he was looking for a house and we were still dating! We were so in love with each other and the house - gardens we barely noticed it's "money pit" potential - LOL !
We got married in our living room with stud walls, covered with brown paper.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well here is a update on Baltimore selling.

A little back ground. We had hired the neighbors son, Hubby had worked with him over the years doing fix up's on Baltimore. Excellent at dry wall work, good at over all general work. If off crack and alcohol. He had been clean for a few years. Worked with him for over two months off and on.

When we had to go to Florida to deal with the deceased tenant, we gave him some funds to keep working. Well he left, never to be seen again. Surprising he would run with the $200 when he would have made a lot more working with us. His mom, living next door, told us he was on alcohol again and maybe drugs.

In April we saw his mom trying to open a door 4 doors down from hers, she could not figure out why the door would not open. Totally loss. I guided her to her door. She has lived there 40 years. So we called the son told him he should check on his mom.

No clue what he said to her, but the war was on. She screamed and yelled at us, yelled at the few contractors we had over, etc.

So now the house is on the market. She has made 4 people back out of contracts that were being written. Told one the house flooded all of the time, another one that mosquitoes were so bad everybody was getting sick, another that crime was out of hand, the last no clue. Who knows how many people looking at the house ran into her and walked away.

She has some dementia, is on some sort of disability for mental issues. We would love to sue but we really can't she is not stable enough.

So long story short.

We have another signed contract................send good thoughts our way, her way, convince her she would be better off with the place sold rather then rented again.

I did send her a gift box with the following note:

Dear ____________________

We harvested our honey and would like to give you a bottle of the honey as a thank you. We really appreciate you dealing with all of the noise we made and any inconvenience we cause you. We hope you enjoy it!

We told the realtor we want to have a great family move in to give you good neighbors that will be quiet and enjoy the neighborhood as much as you do. Do you know anybody that may be interested?

So far we have had a few contracts but for whatever reason they have backed out. If we can't sell it, we will probably rent again. We don't want to rent but may be forced into it. We are looking into doing a section 8 rental, that way the rent is paid. We hope to not need to go that route.

We want to keep you informed as we know the value of good neighbors and how whoever moves in will directly affect you.

Thanks

I am hoping it got though to her. So far we have not heard anything negative back from the other agent. And the potential buyer is going to be out of town for a week or so.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh gosh I sure hope it sells this time as I would hate to see you have to rent it out! All that beautiful work you guys did............yikes! Praying it sells!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We would not rent it out, it was a soft threat to the mom. She does not want renters next door again. Hoping it would stop her from damaging the contracts.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I was wondering about that and when you @addy1 said section 8 I thought to myself, Heaven help you :LOL:
We had some section 8 people in our rental once and never again! There may be good ones out there but these people gave them a bad name :cautious:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WE SIGNED, wednesday! THEY SIGNED, friday! THE HOUSE IS SOLD GONE BYE BYE. We are still doing the happy dance!

I think my nice little note to the neighbor worked, she never approached these buyers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WE SIGNED, wednesday! THEY SIGNED, friday! THE HOUSE IS SOLD GONE BYE BYE. We are still doing the happy dance!

I think my nice little note to the neighbor worked, she never approached these buyers.
What did you do threaten to move in? Or did you threaten to throw her in your pond.

Ask a Question