Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The new and improved look..framing for the dry wall

The vent will be at the top. 10 inch flex duct running up from the basement

20180517_071816.jpg
20180518_131955.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the flowers painted on the wall. It looks like a giant watercolor!
Actually it is a decal, easy to remove if the buyer does not like. I have used them in a few houses, adds a bit of color and interest. I had to buy a new one, easy to remove, but in doing so it gets stretched, hard to put back together.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know it will look nice when done but it makes me cringe to see that you had to wreck it all up! More drywall for you to do now. Oh well soon B will be just a bleep from the past :cool:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep and dampness will make paint dry slower but I sure do like that color .It all reminds me of the beach and sand .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used blue at our house on a few walls, took that blue (egg shell) and added some bright white ( semi gloss) to make it lighter. I had to mix some more to repaint the new dry wall and it actually matched, to my surprise. Well after a few adds of white to the blue, a bit of paint smear on the wall, let it dry, after two tries it matched.

It is so damp here, we have a window unit running full time at 64 to pull dampness out of the house, one of the doors has quit closing. Always something, but today it almost closed.

5 inches of rain here at our house, even more in Baltimore. And the neighbors gutter is overflowing filling our basement stairs, a bit of leakage under the door. We talked to the renters, they called the owner, he will be fixing it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 Hope no damage to your B place!
Nope we saw a bit of damp at the edge of the door, there is a step down which kept the water from coming into the house.

The renters are nice, they have been there forever. They called the owner right away.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bath is done, now needs cleaned again.

20180521_101308.jpg

Painted the siding on the back of the house. Still need to replace the few that laying in the back yard, the overhang.

20180521_141006_HDR.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have one more cranking trip to make! Going today to finish up some painting, drywall work, misc things. Take the last load (it took 2 truck loads, three prius loads so far) to pull our tools and supplies out of the house.

We have are being cleaned and staged by the realtor tomorrow (free service) photos on Thursday, listed on Thursday. We will drive over Thursday am to install a small piece of granite we bought for the pond wall near the front door.

Then we are almost done. We will need to do a few things after a contract and before an inspection. A few GFI's to install unless we get them done today, few other little things.

Can't wait!

Ask a Question