Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I caught that too- Addy are you installing a pond on your rentals now?

NO! LOL

you said "pond wall". Did you mean pond?
small piece of granite we bought for the pond wall near the front door.
Try pony wall, ie short wall right by the front door. Used to be a full wall with two doors with a space between them. It was cut down long ago.

Darn auto spell correction

We packed the car, left some tools in the utility room behind some dry wall. Two issues ran out of room in the car, and might need them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks brand new! You guys did a wonderful job restoring that place! I think someone is going to grab that up fast and the price is so reasonable. The realtor did a nice job of staging too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s amazing. Love the decals strategically placed! Color scheme is cool and airy. I’d be interested if I was in that area!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, talk about turn key !! It looks fabulous and the staging is great :) Fingers crossed for today's open house!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The open house went well, except the train came by x4, There is one real interested person, wait and see. We are not in a hurry, cause we would then need to go back to Baltimore and finish up a few things the inspector would complain about.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It looks amazing! What a lot of work they have to go through to sell a house these days. People apparently have no imagination. When we were house hunting 30 years ago, we walked through when people were eating dinner, watching TV, whatever. One house the guy had 14 parrots in cages all over the living room and dining room. No one staged a house or cleared out all their clutter - you just used your brain to imagine what it would look like with their stuff out and yours in! My son and his wife are selling their house - they practically had to move out! Replaced the carpeting, painted the whole house, got rid of all but the essentials (all packed in the garage - and with four small kids there's A LOT of stuff!). First open house they had someone's comment was "there's too much stuff in the garage. Hard to imagine the size." REALLY? Two car garage - IMAGINE IT! haha!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are in the younger market range, might get a older couple. We had a few walk through while working on it, they really have no imagination, no ability to think what it would look like with their stuff in their.

I have bought houses that were dirty, filled, beat up, knowing I can fix whatever needs to be fixed. That is the other issue most "younger" buyers can't. Not claiming all are that way, but those we have run into are.

The realtor does the staging for free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I sometimes watch House Hunters on HGTV and am always amazed how PICKY the buyers are!! It seems like houses have to be sanitized and staged to go on the market these days !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding. They need to be reminded this is a almost 100 year old house. Someone will come along at some time to buy it. We are not worried. Will not put it up for rent, ever!

When we bought the house we are in, I was living in AZ, dear hubby had looked at a ton of houses. I had flown in for the weekend. We saw, we bought, neither of us could remember much about the house. We loved the LAND! Did no inspections, well, septic etc.

We knew we could fix whatever might be wrong with it.

We did drop two kitchen walls 24 hours after we moved in.....................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your B place is in a good spot by that hospital. I think it will go pretty fast but then what do I know about the market back there, nothing!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your B place is in a good spot by that hospital. I think it will go pretty fast but then what do I know about the market back there, nothing!
You know as much as we do............... we do know the area our row house is in has improved. They are building a huge commercial area walking distance from our house. But that is years away. Wish it was up and running now!

http://yard56.com/

Ask a Question