Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
new flooring..............long day, I got it almost done, we were leaving the bare area to drag stuff in and out. But now going to finish it tomorrow and just be careful. Honey was working on the broken water pipe rental. He got the dry wall repaired.
20180127_150248.jpg

Using a roller to roll on dry wall mud to cover up, makes a nice texture
20180127_162408.jpg

ceiling texture in a bucket
20180127_162419.jpg

tired

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You did good and you can now be tired and relax and then do it all again tomorrow,lol!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You are a whirlwind of energy @addy1 - and a woman of many skills! It all looks so good - nice for the next (hopefully) appreciative (and clean!) tenants!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At this point we are going to sell. The more money and time we spend we are not wanting it to be trashed again. This will be the third re-flooring, can't remember how many times we have painted it. Baltimore is a little rough. The area around the house has improved over the years.

We would only rent if it sits on the market for xxxxxxxxxxx time. Even then may not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Have you done it? I am taking a look at you tubes right now on how to do it.
I did a bathrooms walls. I’ll be doing counters maybe this spring. Stonecoat countertops has great youtube videos, explains it all step by step.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I ended up getting some tile, clearance, great looking 30cents a sq ft . (normal 3.00 something) Don't need much for the shower.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The top floor, floors being redone. I managed to get two of the rooms done. Still need to do all the cuts and time consuming stuff. One more room to do, upstairs.
20180131_131017.jpg
20180131_131048.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks nice and all the light paint and floors make it look big and bright.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The row houses are around 46 feet long and 12 foot wide. Ours has a basement and two upper floors. Long and narrow. But in town, a lot like that, I dislike that.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am putting floor over floor the original floors are so rough, irregular, it is easier to use the nice flat laminate worn, warped, but way flatter than the original floor.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My ceilings have a similar finish and after my NJ smooth ceiling and the horror of painting it and trying to get the color evenly rolled out ,i would not want another smooth ceiling .The one in NJ it looked great until the sun came in the windows and you saw the uneven area .Then repaint again and sun would show more .Bought paint so many times for the ceiling I got sick of it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
By the way I love the light wood laminate ,it really brightens the place up .I want to put down the new high quality vinyl plank flooring in my kitchens and baths

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
By the way I love the light wood laminate ,it really brightens the place up .I want to put down the new high quality vinyl plank flooring in my kitchens and baths
You will love it! Home Depot has some that is made just for them. Called life proof.

The laminate I am putting down is the vinyl plank flooring. Very easy to click together, water can not damage it, it is quieter than laminate and feels softer. Score with a razor knife and snap to cut it.

Home depot had a special one day sale on it. So we snagged it. At the time thinking this stuff renters could not damage, but now even with selling it looks good. Goes together very well.

We used it in a kitchen and two bathrooms in rentals in Florida.

The flooring I am covering up was put down 3 yrs ago, all warped damaged due to washing with too much water. The original floors are so irregular it was best to leave the laminate and just cover it. This way I have a flat surface to work on.

The stuff going into the upstairs bedrooms is a lighter color than the living/dining room flooring.
20180131_131017.jpg
20180131_131048.jpg

Living room
20180127_150248.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While we were trying to figure out how to put up a railing on our stairs, we started talking to a guy buying parts.

After chatting for a bit and he was telling us how to do it, we asked him if he wanted to be hired. He does work for management companies and does his own work on houses.

So long story short, we hired him to do our stairs. He is going make the stair well wider, i.e. the railing will be moved out, add a inch to the small stairs (25 inches currently) add shelves along the white wall with some beams. The red lines sort of show.
Hard to explain, but it is going to look neat! And the cost to have him do it vs us is not that much more than the cost of the supplies.

Original, loose, spindles broken by tenants, wood damaged etc
20180101_091346.jpg

tear down
20180131_132004.jpg

poor rendition of the changes
stairs.JPG

Ask a Question