Our Pond(s)

Reaction score
Before...

DSCN3693_zps1bcaafde.jpg

Reaction score
I derailed hubby's project to put in an acer palmatum tamukeyama for me... He was all for getting me the variety I wanted, but wasnt happy with me for where I wanted it LOL... I only said I wanted a small waterfall right up to the patio, I didnt tell him I wanted a TREE on top of it (oops) ... After giving me a long lecture, gave in and planted it where I wanted:)

DSCN3818_zps3224ec75.jpg

Reaction score
Havent updated in quite awhile. The whole backyard has been an ongoing project.

So finally got the upper patio laid. Still need to hit it with the efflorescence cleaner and seal, but the pavers are there. Still need to get the pergola built and plexiglass railings up (next year) ... You can see the edge of the main pond to the right, and the start of lily/baby pond below ... the ugly bridge at the lower pond is just a temp measure to get to the other side, will eventually build a pretty bridge ... not even the skippy filter is done yet LOL ...

Still need more dirt around the lower pond ... keep adding some, and wait for it to settle ... still another patio to go in along where all the rocks are piled, and eventually, the big pond will go in ... it was originally going to just be a large walkway between the two ponds (the lower pond, and the future pond), but decided to do a small patio area over there for a firepit, and then a Gazebo (gazebo was planned) ...

View from the other side of the yard ... the unfinished wall will be a rounded bed, that runs 18' along the back of the garage, and will protrude out about 14' at the widest point. Already have the plants and statue/fountain that will be going there. The fountain was out front til someone tried to steal her. Have on hand about 2.5 pallets of the wall blocks needed to work on this bed ... Should be enough to get the first couple of rows completed ...

This is the fountain when she was set up out front ... The girl alone is almost 4' tall ... thankfully the XXX who tried to steal her was able to lay her on the ground without breaking her, when they figured out she was too much for them to carry...

The start of the lily/baby pond ...

You can see from the waterfalls on the lower pond how pathetic the pump is .. It needs some serious help LOL.

Ask a Question