Our pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi new member here. Lurked for a while. We built this pond a year ago last spring with knowledge gained here. Thanks guys for that. Pond is doing well! Planning on a 2000 gallon pond for the side yard. I might have a few questions. Have a great day, Jason.

Attachments

• EDE6196D-E8C6-4BFA-BEDA-F89C94877C05.jpeg
    EDE6196D-E8C6-4BFA-BEDA-F89C94877C05.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Nice pond!
Thank you. Quick question to all. We painted the house all but the area around the pond for fear of rain water running down the freshly painted siding and harming the fish. Is this a legitimate concern? If so I was thinking of putting a gutter at the bottom of the house wall and leaving it there for 6 mos or so. Thanks again!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1623430419984.gif
@Cleatis
Well it can't hurt to take precautions as it is right under your house side there. I'd cover the pond w/plastic too when painting and make sure you put boards or rocks to hold the plastic down tight. My neighbor lost all his huge koi from over-spray of paint on his pond. Cover your pond whenever doing any kind of spraying.

Ask a Question