Our Two latest additions to our pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
oh :) I just took the description right out of the link you gave me ;)

Doitsu = German scale-less or mirror carp. It didnt say it included leather or smooth skinned too or that large scale is included.. is Mirror - a large scale?
The Mirror carp was the original koi that the Germans gifted to the Japanese in the early part of the last century it is from these beginings that the doitsu comes from but here is where it gets confusing if you get any of the twelve classes that are of doitsu origin then you prefix the classification with doitsu :confused:
Doitsu Sanke , Doitsu Showa, Doitsu Tancho doitsu Bekko etc
However say if the tancho has black markings along its back after the round red marking that is also a doitsu then it would become a Doitsu Tancho Sanke and so on "Confused" ? :confused: :( :LOL:
Doitsu is basically how the Japanese tried to pronouce the Gernans other title for their country Deutschland (y).
Hope this all helps :cool:

Dave;)

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
haha Dave, thanks great. Love the history background :) Now the Doitsu makes sense ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx DrChase I have a great respect for your eye and we are glad you like them both ;)
Dnt blame me :LOL: ..... didnt I tell you it got a bit complicated Nephen :LOL: however at least you know their origins now :cool:

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question