Pecan Pond May 2012

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They are chives, not in the pond of course, but in the bed just outside the pond. They keep insects away from the plants without having to use insecticides (which I wont use around the pond) plus they taste yummy!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Chives are great, I grow them also. How big is your island? That is going to replace my floating liner, great idea you had and so pretty

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, the frogs will enjoy it and the fish! Hope you don't mind a copy cat lol That looks so great.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
No problem Addy! This stuff has been great for many things in the pond.

Here is what it looks like before it is pondified :)
4X8%20Pink%20Foam.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pecan did you say you painted that foam or glued moss on it or did you just cover it w/ so many plants that it hides it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I put moss on top, but it was kind of a waste. Just turned brown from the sun, then it was about 90% covered when I planted it and I think within about two weeks it will be totally covered. I planted all perennials except for the canna in the center. So I can leave it in the winter, trim the dead stuff off and it should all grow back next year. The fish will love it in the winter when they have so few places to hide. The pink edge has faded, so it is almost the same color as some of my red rocks around the pond and isn't noticeable.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks pecan for the info and good that you can't see the pink anymore. I lived in a pink house growing up and can't stand most pink stuff other than flowers of course...........they are supposed to be pink. My mothers favorite color was pink!

Reaction score
Love your pond---no love your PONDDDD, Pecan. What is that monster 30feet by 40feet? I thought I had a pretty good sized pond till I saw yours. And I, like others on here have said, plan on stealing your Island idea--best Idea Ive seen in a while. I only can use about a 3 to 4 foot Diameter Island but I'm thinking about modifying it to have a hole in the middle (like a big donut, lol) so that I can suspend a new fountain ( that Anne never used in her little pond) in the middle hole then do like you did with plants covering all the rest of it--I also think it would look cool to place the solar- crackle ball- globe lights that change color all around the outer edge of the donut among the plants for night time viewing of the fountain---( I know I tend to go overboard according to my Wife, LOL)

Ask a Question