Pecan Pond May 2012

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Love your pond---no love your PONDDDD, Pecan. What is that monster 30feet by 40feet? I thought I had a pretty good sized pond till I saw yours. And I, like others on here have said, plan on stealing your Island idea--best Idea Ive seen in a while. I only can use about a 3 to 4 foot Diameter Island but I'm thinking about modifying it to have a hole in the middle (like a big donut, lol) so that I can suspend a new fountain ( that Anne never used in her little pond) in the middle hole then do like you did with plants covering all the rest of it--I also think it would look cool to place the solar- crackle ball- globe lights that change color all around the outer edge of the donut among the plants for night time viewing of the fountain---( I know I tend to go overboard according to my Wife, LOL)

30x40 LOL not quite. It is 24 feet long and 17 feet wide at the widest point. It is 40" deep at the deepest point. I think your idea sounds great! post pics when you are done! That stuff is so cheap and comes in such a big sheet there are so many things a ponder could do with it. I'd love to see what you all come up with. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Took this pic yesterday. Our youngest graduated HS yesterday morning and we had a big BBQ afterword to celebrate. This little guy showed up and became the life of the party. He was flying from guest to guest sitting on hands, then checking out flowers. He let us walk right up to him and take pics. He hung out for about an hour. Pretty little fella.

DSCN2372.jpg

DSCN2371.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty Pecan! Happy graduation to your grad! The butterfly is like your child.............came from an egg, went through baby larvae stage and learned to walk, pupated thru school transforming towards full growth sucking up all that is needed to gain strength and emerged as a beautiful butterfly! Now onward and upward, the sky is the limit!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
beautiful shots of the butterfly, very pretty flower too!

Reaction score
Looked at yours and Taherrmanns pond showcase forum pages today and was amazed at what you 2 have both done in total transformations of your back yards-I have done a pretty good transformation also but I am limited on what I can do by my wife because its our front yard and she doesnt want a total jungle in the front yard, LOL.

Reaction score
Nope, Don't Ask--I usually just do what I want outside and she does what she wants on the inside, thats the deal we made when we bought this place; but its her place too so I try to be somewhat accommadating on the outside as she is, in the house. Plus after 23 years of marriage you learn theres some battles that just arn't worth the HEARTBURN, LOL--if your married, I'm sure you've been there, and if your divorced then that may be a lesson to learn in the future.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Pecan I just looked at your new Koi in the pond showcase. The yellow and black one is sharp looking fish!!!! Your backyard looks fabulous. You have a great variety of flowers and plants. AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nope, Don't Ask--I usually just do what I want outside and she does what she wants on the inside, thats the deal we made when we bought this place; but its her place too so I try to be somewhat accommadating on the outside as she is, in the house. Plus after 23 years of marriage you learn theres some battles that just arn't worth the HEARTBURN, LOL--if your married, I'm sure you've been there, and if your divorced then that may be a lesson to learn in the future.

laughing! I do what I want on the inside and outside. My honey just asks that I warn him before he comes home, if I have torn down a wall, dug a huge hole.............lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pecan I just looked at your new Koi in the pond showcase. The yellow and black one is sharp looking fish!!!! Your backyard looks fabulous. You have a great variety of flowers and plants. AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much! I really love the little yellow and black guy. He is cool. :)

Ask a Question