addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In big bags at walmart in the home section, sort of sewing section. Like what you would find if you cut up your quilt, the stuffing. think sort of like cotton balls, but tougher.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this stuff or they have an all natural also it is all cotton more expensive but I think it works slightly better .It is a tan color batting

Attachments

• pond batting 007.jpg
    pond batting 007.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 359

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thanks addy could not find pic on puter malak really needs a hand holder to keep him in check LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I cut it put it in neat so I can take it out once a day and hose it off and put it back in and sometimes I put it in a big tub I have with peroxide or liguid barley and water to clean it better then put it back in the filter .Keep it neat makes it easier to clean and helps it last longer.Here it is about 6 dollars a bag

Attachments

• pond batting 009.jpg
    pond batting 009.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 334

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Just a $$ saving thought. Here by me they have a JoAnns Fabrics store. I believe they are nationwide. In every sundays paper they have coupons for 50% off any regular priced item. I have done this a few times and get a big bag of the batting for @$3.00.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sad to say we had one here but a sign of the times it closed and there coupons were great forgot about them

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
cotton is natural, breaks down and can add organics to the water...polyfill, pillow stuffing works great and theres no organics. it can be rinsed and reused..i wouldnt leave cotton in for exrended use....just my take on it! poly fill is available at any craft,fabric, kmart, walmart, meijers store etc..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never thought of that I just bought it to try it out because they were out of stock on the other stuff.I always buy the cheaper stuff .

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
sissy said:
sad to say we had one here but a sign of the times it closed and there coupons were great forgot about them

Thats a shame. Ours replaced a Service Merchandise so they have only been there a few years.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the layer on top is fabric covering fiber fil is a solid piece of fill and if you cut it and fold it in neat squares it is much easier to remove and clean and put back .It is not loose it looks like a large blanket when you unfold it .The loose fiber fil is to hard to work with at least for me it is

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Now I see sears is going to close most of it's stores by 2012 what next .We used to have a service merchandise in NJ and loved that place go in fill out card go to register pay and get your order

Reaction score
The ONLY reason I've even gone to Sears is for tools. Their mistake is always being attached to a mall. If they were separate like Walmart I would go more. Not worth the death rally of the parking lot to go to a mall.

Ask a Question