Road trip leads to lesson

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Saturday drove 2 hours to Quantico Marine Base to do some shopping. While wifey was in shoe section, I went down the road to a Potomac tributary with my 5 gallon bucket. See photo of the bay. Long story short, the plants sort of made it back but the arrowhead ones died of heat stroke, as it was probably 100F out and they browned and wilted. The lower ones seem to have made it (photo). I trimmed the arrowhead dead part away and we'll see if it regenerates.

Lesson: get plants in cooler part of day and do it fast.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Dave

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
you did perfect on the arrowhead, get it replanted and keep fully moist and it will send off running shoots. You should see new growth in about two or three weeks. I went fishing this weekend and found a baby nuphar spatterdock. Looks like a water lilt but has very small yellow blooms, been wanting to try one and got lucky one just came floating by with the roots and tuber still intact.

Ask a Question