ph meters

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I am hoping (although not sure) that it will be easier/faster to test water with the digital meter than it is with the liquid drop test kit.

I placed an order for the one that DoDad links above but have not yet received it.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Anybody using a ph meter to test their pond/aquarium water?

I was considering getting one and wondered if anyone has recommendations on a certain brand or type?

Be sure to pay attention to user reviews and, generally, stay away from cheap digital meters. If there is a cheap meter that folk say is reliable, then this might be "fine", but I know many layman hobby users of digital meters do not do their due diligence to verify their accuracy. So, as a fella that "trusts but verifies", these meters should always be verified by using what is called, "a standard solution". A standard solution is a liquid formulation of known parameters with an exact particular value every single time it is tested. Standard solutions are incredibly important in verifying a meter's accuracy. A standard solution can be created for anything including calcium, pH, iron, alkalinity, salinity, etc. So, for your pH meter and in our context, you will want to obtain the manufacturer's 7.0 standard solution, which is also referred to and sold as a "calibration" solution.

My post#4 in thread, "Advice on Digital pH Tester" might be of help in providing further clarity on this issue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It shipped on the 14th so it should be there soon.
Well I am hoping (although not sure) that it will be easier/faster to test water with the digital meter than it is with the liquid drop test kit.

I placed an order for the one that DoDad links above but have not yet received it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The solution will be there soon. You won't need it for a while. I didn't calibrate mine for two years and when I did it was still good.

Ask a Question