PL Roofing cement clean-up

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
For everybody that uses the PL roofing cement, you know how bad it is if you get any on you. I found something that will take it right off- WD40! The stuff will take off any glue or paint that you get on your skin and since it has been rumored that it can be used as an arthritis rub, no side affects. Just make sure to wash it off well before coming in contact with the pond. It is a solvent. Used it tonight to clean the spray paint off the bottom of my feet. Spray painted our new mailbox, post and flowerpot holders this morning in the basement and made the mistake of stepping on the drop cloth. Feet are now paint free!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for that info! I was using some this afternoon and used a little alcohol to remove it. Then washed with soap & water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Better than acetone I use to remove it! I did buy some wipes from lowes that take it right off. I will try that the next time I end up wearing the stuff.

Ask a Question