Polycarbonate roofing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked a question today about my refaring to Polycarbonate covers for the pond during the winter months and relize I may have caused some confushion refaring to it as sheeting not roofing .
So please if folk are interested in trying this way off insulation Google Polycarbonate roofing not sheeting .

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You know talking about that stuff brings up a pond I saw that used that stuff as an outlet for there water fall .It was on 1 of the house tours here in Danville they do for charity .I looked at it closely when no one was looking and they drilled big holes in a pvc pipe and put an end cap on and the hose from the pump was pushed inside and the pvc pipe was siliconed or glued to the roofing stuff .Made a nice weir .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sissy thats just the inventiveness of the Fish keeper at work darr good idea too

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I had to snoop because I could see where it was sticking out of the rock and then waited for my chance to snoop more .Only mistake I saw was that they cut the piece to short and I could tell they tried to spray foam around it to keep it from leaking backwards so must have a quick last minute thought to make the water spread out more when It came out of the hose .If they had a liner around there waterfall filter it would have been OK .They had a green house made out of the stuff so must have been leftovers .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You can sometimes find very large lft overs at your local recycling center sissy
It would save you a small fortune in buying it that way should anyone wish to try this next winter ....
Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The stuff they used on green house was over 3 inches thick I did not even know it came that thick until I looked it up .The stuff sold in the hardware stores here is really thin .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have three differing thicknesses on the pond double over the pond large double equivulent to Quad thickness and quad thickness these last two cover the filter housing .

Dave

Ask a Question