Plant an fish idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
My pond waterfall first one took forever live moss fern taken from local brook as well as creeping jenney garden has astilbe,hostas, mountain laurel
Will the preform sustain any small fish its 47 gallon if so what else should i need i have a submersible pump in a crate enclosed in a filter medium the safe blue type runs up to a bin# 8 plastic storage bin for waterfall weir

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sure you could have fish in there. Maybe a small school of minnows would be nice. Would be a way to keep the skeeters away. I've never had minnows so don't know which ones are best for your situation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Very cute!

Red rosies (fathead minnows) are native to the United States and make a great pond fish. Mine did very well in a small preformed pond once. Plus, they can be very cute and fun to watch. They can be difficult to tell a part, but sometimes you'll get one that has a big spot on its back, or some other distinguishing feature and you start to find yourself looking for that little guy in particular!

Well, that's how it is for me, anyway. ;)

Ask a Question