PLANT ID - thought it was an artichoke, but not so sure

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
So, I was given this plant last year by a neighbor. He was always giving us plants from his garden.. Well he gave us this plant that was just two giant leaves. He said it would survive but it would need a lot of TLC so i did all last year.. We got a few new leaves last year, but nothing all that great. The neighbor who gave it to us has passed away since, so i can not ask him.

THIS YEAR I made sure to cover it well for the winter and it came back and then some.. it went from being two leaves all year last year to now being almost 2.5 feet tall with LOTS of leaves

I then noticed little black bugs so i went to another neighbor who i know is a gardening genious.. He came over and said.. "well, those are definitely APHIDS but i dont think you have an artichoke plant" and he took me to see his artichoke.. DEFINITELY not the same plant

SO... CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS!!!! The neighbor who came over today did say that aphids usually dont live on weeds, they like vegetable and fruit plants.. SO i want to know what I have.. HERE IS A FEW PICTURES

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
OOPS forgot the pictures
us_003.jpg

us_001.jpg

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
it totally looks like it could be pot.. but its not. I know too much what pot looks like.. the leaves are not broad and wide like that.. i know that for sure. :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pot? i just dont see any resemblence,,,pot leaves have either 5or 7 shoots depending on the strain... i just saw a show about it... plus i was a teenager in the 70s!!! JUST SAY NO!!!

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
5 years old? Man, talk about living in the past.

You know what they say about what that stuff does to your brain cells, right?

Ask a Question