plant identification would be nice

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Mmathis...dont remember it having flowers..but its still only july. i like the way it looks anyways...it does fantastic in and around the pond. it sends out stems (vines?) horizontally drops roots as it does then turns it path upwards.great ground cover. i have some thats floating and doing well also. as long as i clip the stems before they hit the lawn it stays out.

Reaction score
Koiguy that last pic is watercress for sure, and it looks like it it dieing back from the warmer weather just like mine. It doesn't like warm water and only really flourishes when the water is cold. You can try the taste test to be sure if you like, it has a distinct hot radishy flavour.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i had watercress in my pond last year..i converted one of my floating plant rings into an island of sorts. it did well all summer even with the fish feeding on it. i'll have to look at the pics in my build thread on the rings.but it does look like it.
heres a pic...i believe i didnt even do this til mid summer...one $1.29 bundle of watercress from MEIJERS produce dept. the conversion was merely another piece of the fencing across the top of the ring and sliding the roots thru the holes. instructions and pics in the thread. starts on page 10 i believe.
SANY1168.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
KOIGUY -- Since you started this thread last month, I have played around with my version of the plant that looks like your purplish one. I've stuck cuttings in the water, under rocks, pondside as well as tried it as a "bog" plant.

They are thriving big time! My leaves didn't change color, but all the stems have turned a dark pink. Still don't know what it is, but it looks nice.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Mmathis said:
KOIGUY -- Since you started this thread last month, I have played around with my version of the plant that looks like your purplish one. I've stuck cuttings in the water, under rocks, pondside as well as tried it as a "bog" plant.

They are thriving big time! My leaves didn't change color, but all the stems have turned a dark pink. Still don't know what it is, but it looks nice.

yeah...its actually a nice pond plant, and ground cover..

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
yeah...its actually a nice pond plant, and ground cover..
Hmmm??? Koiguy, you should have waited another 9 days before replying to Mmathis, then it would have been a solid year late. :yikesu: :cheerful:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this last posting was an accident... put a link to here in another thread. read her (Mmanthis) post thinkin it was in the other thread... had a "brain fart", what can i say?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
this last posting was an accident... put a link to here in another thread. read her (Mmanthis) post thinkin it was in the other thread... had a "brain fart", what can i say?
Oh, so I'm a brain fart, huh?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mmathis said:
Oh, so I'm a brain fart, huh?
lol tm think he is saying he had a brain fart, I have them quite often.

Ask a Question