sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you may have to watch to make sure fish do not get into it and get trapped .When I do my window screen ones I usually leave a small hole in each one I make .I have had fish get stuck in many of them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I bought this fish trap for about $20.00 from Amazon and zip tied it to a vinyl tube ring. I think it will work to keep fish from eating the roots of my plants....A lot easier than sewing screen on BUT obviously more costly...I'm just getting lazy in my old age:)View attachment 128645
Hi Rubyduby. I have been thinking about adding a plant ring myself because I noticed since I added Koi all the roots of my floating plants got chewed down to nothing and they really haven’t grown at all the last two summers. I used to have hundreds or thousands of additional floating plants every year and it was a chore to keep taking them out!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
you may have to watch to make sure fish do not get into it and get trapped .When I do my window screen ones I usually leave a small hole in each one I make .I have had fish get stuck in many of them
advise well taken, thank you

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had that problem with jw 's ring that she made and little fish enjoyed it inside the ring and grew like crazy and protected from big fish eating them but as they got bigger it was harder on the plants ,they ate the roots faster than they could grow and besides that I did not want a lot of baby fish .I guess pro's and con's with everything .Even with a small hole some would not come out until they damaged the plant .Reason I had to build a lily pond for my poor lily .Fish can be pigs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I had that problem with jw 's ring that she made and little fish enjoyed it inside the ring and grew like crazy and protected from big fish eating them but as they got bigger it was harder on the plants ,they ate the roots faster than they could grow and besides that I did not want a lot of baby fish .I guess pro's and con's with everything .Even with a small hole some would not come out until they damaged the plant .Reason I had to build a lily pond for my poor lily .Fish can be pigs
I will have to keep my eye on the baskets and if I have any of these problems I will have to move my hyacinth and lettuces up to the two waterfalls....Thank you for sharing your experience.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Funny thing is once the hyacinth and water lettuce take off and multiply they are fine because I guess fish can eat only so much

Ask a Question