plants (particularly hyacinth) in skippy filter?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why would you need another pump .I use 2 pumps only because of 2 filters and the spitters.The pump on the left side runs to the filter on the right side and the pump on the right side runs to the left side filter .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put a pump under that bread thing with a hose attached and just plug the pump in and flush the top to the bottom with my water hose to clean the gunk out .The hose from the pump gets put in a bucket and the mucky water gets put in my garden .It makes the tank easier too clean with a small pump in the bottom and the pump I have in there is 50 gph .I had one that was 100 gph but it was to strong

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
With my new set up I used the hole at the bottom the tank comes with, added a ball valve and a stubbed pipe I can hook a hose to. I just open the valve and let it run for a bit.
DSCN7725.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had to make mine fast so I would not walk away and forget it .I would probably do that a lot .I get distracted to easy with all the yard work

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's what I want to do so I can use the water on my flower bed. How many gallons are your containers Pecan?

One is 70 gallon and the other is 100 gallon.

Normally when I flush them I just do it during water changes. I put the garden hose on the waterfall and open the valves. I leave everything running. So fresh water is entering the pond and the skippies are flushing gunk and old water. I have heard you never want to add fresh hose water directly to the skippies as the chlorine can kill your good bacteria. So I put my garden hose the furthest (waterflow) point from the skippies right after the skippy outlets.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had to make mine fast so I would not walk away and forget it .I would probably do that a lot .I get distracted to easy with all the yard work

My little pond and bog is the WORST due to my always forgetting and getting distracted. Every single time I put the hose in there to top it off it overflows because I forget I put the hose in there. And it's so small (about 700 gallons tops) it tops off in about 10 minutes which is 5 minutes longer than my attention span apparently.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have well water and put the hose in my filter for a few minutes to flush it a little .I still worry because my well water has iron in it .

Ask a Question