Points on GPF are being thrown around like manhole covers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have noticed the points thing before, but the milestones for gaining more are so far apart it's not worth paying any attention to.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Addy sissy and jw are all tied in first place with 260. Well you three chat together a lot. So that's no surprise. You enjoy the site. As do I. I just don't hangout like I used to. This is the first time points have crossed my mind.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow @koiguy1969 you've been here a long time! When did this site 1st start up? @DrCase has been here since 2007. Wish I could view the first page of this forum on the 1st day of starting up. Wouldn't it be fun?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think I have been turned into a beer snob. It's something the more you know and like you just keep getting deeper and deeper into it. The nice thing it is compatible with pond keeping. Having a beer after work by my pond in the summer is one thing i really enjoy. I only go back to 2010. I do remember when CE first joined because we traded messages. Sissy I m surprised you only joined in 2011 because it seems like you have always been on GPF. See wouldn't it be more fun if we were all competing for points :) Not to beat a dead horse to death but I think it might encourage some more people to participate.

Right now GPF 3 members , BA 1315 members

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never had time to even look at pond sights on the internet .I had to many things going at the time .Moving here in 2004 and all the landscaping and buying furniture and building the front porch and decks and then mom and dad getting sick and both passing away was more than enough .I thought I had joined before that .Have you tried craft beers .They always have a thing at the Hillsville Flea market and give free samples out .They have so many flavors I was amazed everything from jalapeno to cherry .They have several winery's on the way up and I stop to get sparkling cherry wine ,yummy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Sissy, I have tried quite a few craft beers and that's pretty much all I will drink. There are a number of very good craft breweries in the Chicago area and of course they get shipped here from all over too. I probably spend way more on them than I should because some of them get expensive. I thought you were on GPF a lot longer but the date under your name says joined Jan 17, 2011. I'm so sorry about your parents. We have had a very rough year the last year too. Sometimes its nice to have a diversion and its always nice coming back to GPF to talk to friendly people about ponds and fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol ponding is quiet this time of year. My bee forum has 17 on right now other pond forum has 7 members xx number of guests on both. I never worry about it or think about it who is on or not on.
Didn't even know I had 260 points.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I only tried them at the flea market when I was there with my sister .She bought some for her hubby .The place is in Roanoke VA .I do know Coors beer has a factory in Eden NC I go by it all the time going to the flea market there and they have a sign out front for free sample day .They have one once a week .I think it is funny since the speed limit on that road is only 35 mph and there are always cop cars around there .Plus guessing some of them live around there because i always see 3 houses that have police cars parked in there driveways .I guess they work nights .Never knew any state that allowed police to take there cars home like down here .There are 2 police that live on my road and they always go back and forth to there houses during the day when they are working .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wait I think I'm confused about what points are? I thought you guys were talking about those little doohickies under our avatar but I don't see anything that says actual points. Do I have to click on something?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought so too JW so don't feel bad .I was confused by the whole points thing and really never pay attention to those things by my name .Never even noticed them until a couple of months ago .Shows you how observant i am :)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Never mind I just clicked on my forum name and found the points deal.

I really been thinking
Since the women on the forum have all the points, they want

Why don't the men get double !
Like when I'm sick

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I didn't even know that there was something called media until I saw the tab for most media. What's the difference between that and pictures? Your just putting them in a different spot? I'm wondering if Ian or Becky have been following this discussion. Any thoughts about making it easier to win points? My thinking is it won't make much difference for the "regulars" but it might encourage some less active members to log on more frequently. Oh.... Sissy "Coors" is definitely NOT craft beer! It's the antithesis of craft beer! Also no comments about the manhole cover title?? There is a famous Chicagoan that first used it in his description of his boss that he threw around nickels like manhole covers!

Last edited:

Ask a Question