sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know coors is not a craft beer but just mentioning that coors is near here and they announced recently that sales are down and they seem to blame craft beers by what they were saying on the local news or at least they were hinting at that .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes I believe that. There is group of people around here getting together to drink beer. They are starting out with "white whales". Whales refer to being top ranked beers. The beers are so rare that you could probably not find a single bottle of any of these right now in the Chicago area. Even though I know a fair amount I could not compete with any of these people. The most I will pay for a bomber (22 oz) is $15. Some people pay up to $100 for a bomber. For the same money you could get a rare whisky or scotch in a tavern if you are paying almost $5 an ounce.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
And we were getting it free at the flea market .They have a big craft beer thing up in Roanoke every year called beer feast I think .All craft beer companies showing off all there new beers .We went the first year we were down here and it was crowded .There was no place to park either

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If I was to make it easier to gain points, all I'd be doing is adding a zero or two onto the end of each type of award so that it looked like everyone had more points - I don't think it would bring in extra visitors just for that ;). I don't look at points at all and would probably skip them altogether, but it was suggested a while ago as a nice way to reward members so I added it. The main thing they bring is the little icons under the username. Having a showcase entry is an easy way to get an icon and helps the forum out :). I may add more ways to gain trophies, mainly for things like having an article in the new article section, etc....

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Having a showcase entry is an easy way to get an icon and helps the forum out :)

The showcase feature is one of my favorite parts of this forum. I love seeing new members add a showcase and old members updating them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm not a big fan of the showcase.
I find the images are very slow to load and the navigation isn't straight forward.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I agree Mitch. Thought it was just me w/the photos loading slow. I have trouble finding stuff too. Like when someone says they added something new and you click on the link it does not take you directly to the new item. You have to hunt and wonder if you are seeing the new one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have that problem in showcase on my vista but on my tablet pics load faster and on my hubbies windows 10 they load fast speed .So guessing my puter being old makes them load slower ..Even when I click small pics they get bigger on my hubbies puter and we both have 24 inch monitors .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mines a brand new computer and everything else loads fast. Maybe it's just certain peoples pix but they sure are slow to me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have Windows 8.1 Pro and a fairly fast computer.
Internet connection is fast enough for anything else I download - about 6.5 mb/sec.
Windows 10 won't be out until this fall.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll see what I can do to improve the showcase load times, I bet there's a way I can get things working a little faster an easier :). If you've got any suggestions on how to improve the look, please do post a new thread in the feedback section and I'll have a read through the ideas and start working :).

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I find the images are very slow to load and the navigation isn't straight forward.
Thought it was just me w/the photos loading slow.

"Image gallery" photos load slow but I tend to use that section only as an extra in case people want to see more. I usually just attach photos to each section and they load just as fast as the page. & Mitch, I'm not too sure what you mean by the navigation. At least for me it feels easy and nicely laid out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's the same as what jw mentioned, JB.
There's a notification that there is something new, but the link doesn't take you to the new post. It just takes you to the beginning of the photo strip, which takes a while to load, at which point I just go back to the regular forums that are readily available.

I like the idea of the showcase but in practice I don't go through that forum because of the delays loading it.

Ask a Question