addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't have a bottom drain, do have a skimmer, using a pool skimmer, just drawing water through it, no pump. My only and only pump for the filtering of the ponds is external.

Reaction score
Yeah I want to go with Koi only. So poop bottome drain. I also want to go external pump. Going to do the 55 gal barrals as the filter with Malta pads. I have trees that drop leaves so I will need the surface skimmer. Just trying to figure out which pump to go with. Thinking Sequence but need to look at which model.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember to consider the hiding of the barrels and leak hazard .My neighbor had her barrels knocked over by deer .Anything that is thirsty will look for a drink from them .Are you planning a waterfall because pump size will need to be considered for that .Also UV and an aerator

Reaction score
I'm going to build a little filter house so everything looks pretty. Looking at a 80W UV. The only thing that would drink would be my dogs. I'm in a fenced neighborhood. I'm going to fence off my pond so my Golden Retriever won't be swimming in it. He loves the water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did a rustic house from free scraps from Max Kendall lumber yard for my aerator .You could make a cover that looks like a rustic cabin

Ask a Question