Pond Build! Upgrading from 400 gallons to 2000 gallons. With Bottom Drain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I found my first frog in the pond last night! Me and the girlfriend were sitting by the pond drinking some wine when something jumped into the lily pads. I looked closer and saw that it was a frog! I was actually going to go out to some of the local mudholes and dirt ponds to try and snag a few to bring back to the pond... But looks like I won't have to!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have water frogs will find you .The other night when it rained and all the frogs were out making noise by my pond I see a sheriffs car come down the road and next I see him pull in my driveway and what does he say to me a neighbor made a noise complaint and my address was given as where the noise was coming from and my hubby and i were just sitting on the porch listening to the light rain we were getting .I looked at the sheriff and said WHAT NOISE .He called in and they said the neighbor was complaining about the croaking noise from the frogs as she was trying to sleep with the windows open .Well what can I do officer it is what they do..He said what a waste of my time at me ,hey I did not call you don't yell at me .I told him I would have a discussion with my frogs but it was not going to help .Cop left here mad as heck and I was not happy either because of the way he backed up in my driveway and hit and broke one of my solar lights and pushed the border rocks into the ground .The sheriffs department only said sorry when i called to tell them and it was not there problem that they were so close to the road .It was not a road it was my driveway .Sheriff said when they contacted him that they were near the road ,driveway dummy driveway .DRIVEWAY .ROAD ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE GEEZE I hope they learn the difference .I sent the captain these pics .

Attachments

• lawn mower house 031.JPG
    lawn mower house 031.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 277
  • pond june 27th 2013 054.JPG
    pond june 27th 2013 054.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 220
  • pond june 27th 2013 044.JPG
    pond june 27th 2013 044.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
have water frogs will find you .The other night when it rained and all the frogs were out making noise by my pond I see a sheriffs car come down the road and next I see him pull in my driveway and what does he say to me a neighbor made a noise complaint and my address was given as where the noise was coming from and my hubby and i were just sitting on the porch listening to the light rain we were getting .I looked at the sheriff and said WHAT NOISE .He called in and they said the neighbor was complaining about the croaking noise from the frogs as she was trying to sleep with the windows open .Well what can I do officer it is what they do..He said what a waste of my time at me ,hey I did not call you don't yell at me .I told him I would have a discussion with my frogs but it was not going to help .Cop left here mad as heck and I was not happy either because of the way he backed up in my driveway and hit and broke one of my solar lights and pushed the border rocks into the ground .The sheriffs department only said sorry when i called to tell them and it was not there problem that they were so close to the road .It was not a road it was my driveway .Sheriff said when they contacted him that they were near the road ,driveway dummy driveway .DRIVEWAY .ROAD ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE GEEZE I hope they learn the difference .I sent the captain these pics .
You got some trouble makin frogs!!! She may hire a hit frog!!! I was wondering if my husband was going to complain about waterfall and frog sounds when our bedroom window is open!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well thing is there is a creek running behind her house so they are there also .I can understand she needs to sleep because she is an ER nurse but I do not bring the frogs here just to bother her .They can be pretty noisy and they have so many different kinds of sounds to there croaks it is amazing .Also we live in the country and she has a farm behind her too .The cows moo all the time ,can't shut them up either .

Reaction score
Well thing is there is a creek running behind her house so they are there also .I can understand she needs to sleep because she is an ER nurse but I do not bring the frogs here just to bother her .They can be pretty noisy and they have so many different kinds of sounds to there croaks it is amazing .Also we live in the country and she has a farm behind her too .The cows moo all the time ,can't shut them up either .
Your lady may need some ear plugs and then she will sleep!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well that would be her problem .She lived in the city before buying this house with her new hubby and her mother and father are not happy about everything going on there .I talked to them this morning when i was getting the mail as she was not home and guessing they were supposed to have a little talk by what they said .I have talked to them several times ,I guess they need to get it off there shoulders .They have lived here for 3 years and they have mowed the grass 3 times and it was a brand new house but now looks like a dump .Her and her hubby have not lived together for almost those 3 years .He left her 4 months after moving in .They got married after moving in .Grown children sometimes think they know everything .I was 1 of them I guess .Live and learn

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
a neighbor made a noise complaint and my address was given as where the noise was coming from .
Unbelievable x 2

First of all, your neighbor makes a noise complaint about frogs? What's next, birds chirping?

Secondly, the crass answer the Sheriff's department gave you. What are you going to do next? I guess you would need to file a complaint with your County.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Worthless here to do that .Just a headache I don't need .Just like the company that cut down the trees on Jody's property and took some of my trees ,which were clearly marked and i got a little money and a couple of small trees and a big waste of my time .I lost some really big trees too .If I had not come home when I did I would have lost more of them .Part of the woods behind my house is mine and has always been clearly marked since I bought the property .She seems to complain all the time and even told the other neighbor about his mowing habits ,from 1 that never mows her yard :)

Ask a Question