morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
So here's the plan. I'm looking to save for the liner before buying the rototiller. The liner is going to be the most expensive component and I don't want to dig and leave a big gaping hole in the yard until the liner is purchased. I estimate that I'll need a 30' x 30' liner. 560$ is going to take a bit of saving. Once I have the liner I can get the rototiller and dig.

If you're going to go to the expense of buying a rototiller, look into a Stihl powerhead that you can add attachments to (ie. blower, trimmer, rototiller, etc.). Troy-Bilt has just come out with a line that is walk-behind, but has snowblower, leafblower, pressure washer, etc. attachments.

If you're only going to use the rototiller for this specific task, you're better off to rent one, have it delivered and picked up. Buy the damage insurance at the time of rental. Much cheaper option. Never buy a tool that you can rent if you're not going to use it often enough to make your money from it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Plus if they are not used often enough they will seize up on you or even start to rust .I see my neighbor bought one of those gas powered augers to dig footings for his deck and used it for that and now 6 years later it still sits in his shed unused and he did not disconnect the spark plug and that is a solid piece of rust now .Plus the gas that was left in it is still in it .I was going to borrow it but after seeing it I told him forget it because it looks like it will take money just to get it working .He said I could afford to do that and then I could return it to him .No thank you .Not sure I would be saving money but he sure would have .

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Plus if they are not used often enough they will seize up on you or even start to rust .I see my neighbor bought one of those gas powered augers to dig footings for his deck and used it for that and now 6 years later it still sits in his shed unused and he did not disconnect the spark plug and that is a solid piece of rust now .Plus the gas that was left in it is still in it .I was going to borrow it but after seeing it I told him forget it because it looks like it will take money just to get it working .He said I could afford to do that and then I could return it to him .No thank you .Not sure I would be saving money but he sure would have .

For all small engines, use only premium gasoline with no ethanol. When storing, either run out the fuel or add fuel stabilizer. Remove spark plug on storing and add a couple drops of oil to the cylinder.

When mixing 50:1 fuel, use only top-grade lubricating oil and mix it precisely. Nothing sucks more than a gas engine that won't start.

Ask a Question