pond finally occupied

Reaction score
well today again my pond water was sitting steady at 10C or 50 F, so i went and purchased 2 comet tail goldfish and 2 shubunkins, they are about 2" long, let them float in the bag foe an hour then gradually let some of the pond water in the bag for another hour before letting them make there own way out into their new home, at first they found a quiet corner and stayed there but after a couple of hours they where having a good adventure round the pond, checking it out bit by bit rushing back to the deep end every few minutes before venturing out in a differant direction ! they seem to be getting used to the pond, i tried them with a couple wheatgerm sticks but they wouldnt take them (so fished them back out), tho they may have just been fed at the garden centre,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If they are used to being hand fed they will come when they see you .Good luck with your fishies and have fun .You find after awhile staring of them watching that you loose track of time

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
pleased you got your little fishy friends ... it will be a few days before they eat :0) but dont worry they will soon be up eating fine ...when they do watch your water for ammonia only feed them a small amount till your bio is up and running :0)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
congratulations for your new pond children! Neat to watch them enjoy the pond. I saw mine once since it melted, not since, a lot of water for 5 tiny fish to hide in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's always fun the first time you put the new fish in the new pond. Enjoy now
littlepond.gif

DrCase

Reaction score