Pond Greening Up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks ...would you still think that if I told you I'm a Yankees fan...
NO POLITICS here, I'm a Met's fan....
May pond is also green in up, but is more algae than anything else.
one of my big Sarasa comets died, probably of old age, about 10 years old. Haven't fed them yet since there's so much algae to eat. Planning start the bog filter and waterfall this weekend and maybe the cycling will kill off the algae

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
NO POLITICS here, I'm a Met's fan....
May pond is also green in up, but is more algae than anything else.
one of my big Sarasa comets died, probably of old age, about 10 years old. Haven't fed them yet since there's so much algae to eat. Planning start the bog filter and waterfall this weekend and maybe the cycling will kill off the algae
I grew up a Mets fan living on long island. Moved to Philly area over 30 years ago and slowly adopted the Philly teams.
Sorry to hear about your big Sarasa. Hope your water clears up once you activate your filtration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Gordo33
what's your pond size and length of the waterfall?
Looking to redo the waterfall and finish the pond aesthetics this spring. We started our ponds at about the same time, and yours looks so much better. My digging project just burned me out, so looking forward to doing more this year. @addy1 is a gem, she also sent me a bunch of plants, but mine are just starting to was up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
@Gordo33
what's your pond size and length of the waterfall?
Looking to redo the waterfall and finish the pond aesthetics this spring. We started our ponds at about the same time, and yours looks so much better. My digging project just burned me out, so looking forward to doing more this year. @addy1 is a gem, she also sent me a bunch of plants, but mine are just starting to was up.
Pond is 17L x 9W x 3D. There is a plant shelf along one side that is one foot deep. The waterfall is 15-18 inches high and dumps into a 2 tiered stream that is 17’L x 3-4’W. There is an 18” and 24” steps where the pond and stream meet. I did this so I can easily climb in and out . The waterfall is a 100 gal stock tank hidden by the rocks. I use the tank as a veggie filter with mainly yellow flag iris. I will throw some water lettuce and water hyacinth in there this weekend. I dug an 18 inch deep pool under the waterfall and last year I also had water lettuce and water hyacinth in there to help filter the water
This is the stock tank out while I redid the pond last year.
F1955FB2-131C-46FF-8BDD-3F5D1F8D2BD8.jpeg

Ask a Question