pond heater

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We rely on theisulation weve placed around our pond pipework UV-C and filter housing .
The sliding roof of the filter housing is quad thickness policarbonate roofin sheets, the pond during the winter is covered with double thickness Policarbonate roofing sheets .
This gives us an over all temperature of between 7-9c evebas low as -15c , any lower than that we switch on a small oil heated radiator to watm the air around he filters this keeps the pond at 7c
We did alot of planning before making the pond thus all the insulation namely 22 mm polistyreene sheets , recycled plastic loft insulation, silvers sided bubble wrap and decking .
If the surface of your pond is flat around its edges then I suggest buying policarbonate roofing sheets .
You could by an in line 1kwatt heater but they are expensive to run , I hope thios helps you

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 9a
Country
United Kingdom
We rely on theisulation weve placed around our pond pipework UV-C and filter housing .
The sliding roof of the filter housing is quad thickness policarbonate roofin sheets, the pond during the winter is covered with double thickness Policarbonate roofing sheets .
This gives us an over all temperature of between 7-9c evebas low as -15c , any lower than that we switch on a small oil heated radiator to watm the air around he filters this keeps the pond at 7c
We did alot of planning before making the pond thus all the insulation namely 22 mm polistyreene sheets , recycled plastic loft insulation, silvers sided bubble wrap and decking .
If the surface of your pond is flat around its edges then I suggest buying policarbonate roofing sheets .
You could by an in line 1kwatt heater but they are expensive to run , I hope thios helps you

Dave
Thank you Dave my pond is flat filter is housed in small shed just pipes to insulate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom

Ask a Question