j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not fun to have them around and I know a neighbor a few properties over from us had a little white poodle grabbed and hauled away by a coyote that jumped their fence. See lots of signs around w/ people looking for pets around here. First thing I think is a coyote got them. I have only seen them here during the day a couple times and they are just passing through real quick like. Guess they are still afraid of us here and lets keep it that way!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I too jump up and down, like a mad women, and throw rocks and wave a big stick if there is one handy. Now I have addition protection when I go, after my Poppy got attacked. It happened so quick, the dogs all ran down this big hill and chased the coyotes and I could not run fast enough down that steep cliff, so this air horn that I have helped me a lot when I last seen the coyotes.

There is not too many of them coyotes left right now, as I have been told by other people that live near Redlciff, which is near the location where I walk, as somebody else who had trouble with them, sort of took care of some of them..... I think there names were Smith and Wesson ..... :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I made a test run today and got a small load of rocks. It's pretty rough terrain, and I wasn't sure how tippy the Polaris would be with the extra weight. There were some trees that had fallen on the path over the winter. They were easy to move.
I think I have about a 6 week window that I have to get as many rocks as I can. After that the weeds get too high to safely drive through.

2013-05-17 15.54.24.jpg

I also noticed that in my neighbor's horse field, about 80 acres, rocks everywhere. I don't think I'll ever run out! :biggrin:

2013-05-17 15.36.44.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha, so funny that us ladies are so jealous of you and your rock finds, Mitch! Obviously we have to look far and wide to locate such a mother load. I have to drive to a creek, then walk up and down the sides to carry them out. JW goes on walks and hauls them home in her backpack. Colleen goes to the river and brings back many I'm sure. Cape ... I think she just has to pay for them! But, we all envy such ease in locating tons of nice rocks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I told you people cow poo and guess horse poo too turns to rocks and thank you for proving it mitch :cheerful: My land used to be a cow pasture at one time .

MitchM said:
I made a test run today and got a small load of rocks. It's pretty rough terrain, and I wasn't sure how tippy the Polaris would be with the extra weight. There were some trees that had fallen on the path over the winter. They were easy to move.
I think I have about a 6 week window that I have to get as many rocks as I can. After that the weeds get too high to safely drive through.

attachicon.gif
2013-05-17 15.54.24.jpg

I also noticed that in my neighbor's horse field, about 80 acres, rocks everywhere. I don't think I'll ever run out! :biggrin:

attachicon.gif
2013-05-17 15.36.44.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mitch, that would probably be an even trade cost-wise. Not really sure how I'd get the rain to fall on your place though .... Do you know any rain dances?! Maybe these guys can help inspire you. :blueflower: :banana: :boldblue: :claphands:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Rocks are just beautiful, and there is so much that can be done with rocks. I see my neighbor next block over is building a fence out front with rocks and cement, it is really looking good and I will have to get a picture so you can see his hard work. They are good hard working Bosnian people, and they live just across my alley. They walk regularly with their grandchildren in front of my house and my front yard has now become an attraction of sorts, with all the flowers, rocks, garden junk and ponds going on. It is nice to see neighbors stop for a chat and enjoy my front yard. I love my little neighborhood with the small quaint houses and gardens, we may not be the richest neighborhood, but we are friendly hard working people for the most part.

Reaction score
I'm lucky we have alot of rocks on our property . :biggrin: I'm still always looking around for different and interesting ones. When I built the pond I purchased river rock for the water fall and around the pond, but the rock along the water fall we got off of our place. This is a picture of the first year when I built my pond. Have since added plants and its still a project in process.

Attachments

• IMG-20110828-00084.jpg
    IMG-20110828-00084.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 247

Ask a Question