addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some, they have never really taken off in breeding and over whelming the pond. I like them, cute lil suckers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Pictures for the record, September 8.

IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
SHUT UP!! Summer is NOT Over! YUK!!! How Aweful! Keep it there please! I hate when it goes from summer to winter and skips fall! H E L P! Scared 4 Me cause it might come here too, we are supposed to get to minus 3 Celsius on Thursday!
I have to go cry now for my plants....

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Depressed... going to make a fresh pot of coffee and decide if and what to save..... time to take the pretty pink flamingos down and think about halloween, that will make me feel better. On the bright side.... Spring is coming in just 6 long cold hard months... and then maybe.... Good grief I need a big dose of Cod Liver Oil!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have not been getting mail from these threads these days, do not know why, but feel better now that I read you have lots of rosy minnows!! They can get pretty fat after a couple of years and I think they will be perfect for your pond and will mix good with the goldfish. They should eat lots of those bugs before they get big and stuck in your filters too. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
SHUT UP!! Summer is NOT Over! YUK!!! How Aweful! Keep it there please! I hate when it goes from summer to winter and skips fall! H E L P! Scared 4 Me cause it might come here too, we are supposed to get to minus 3 Celsius on Thursday!
I have to go cry now for my plants....

I know Colleen, sometimes it feels like you're Rumpelstiltskin and slept through fall!

All of North America and we're the only place that's getting snow, lol.

2014-09-08_13-35-06.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
WOW, that's not just a light dusting of snow, that's stick to the ground snow. That is crazy. Do you usually get snow this early in September?

No, not this early. This cold is supposed to last until next weekend then back up to the mid 60's.
I hear those polar vortexes are supposed to be more frequent now.

Reaction score
The minnows are doing great, still have around 1000. They're everywhere.
Did you know their eggs hatch in 5 days? I know that now, lol.
I put 12 rosy reads in my 1000 gallon pond. I love watching them and they are not shy around me. I better read up on their mating!!! I can't imagine with my goldfish and 2 shubs and 1 small koi that there will be any eggs to survive and they groom constantly around the rocks. Hope I get a FEW to survive! And really you have snow??? Golly

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
<laughing> back up to the mid 60's??
I'm so sorry, I know you said you are used to it but I can't imagine snow right now. We had snow last winter (it was a dusting of icy rain) but it closed the entire Mississippi Coast down for 4 days. Every single bridge was closed and every county building shut down.
Since we didn't have salt the county decided to dust the road with sand, not one of their brightest decisions.... LOL
I hope your minnows survive and thrive.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am sure those minnow will be fine under all that ice Mitch, they are super Minnows!! They have a small eye... and a small eye gets the small fly!! They will help keep the aquatic bugs down to a normal amount as well. They must look cool having such a large school, you will have too get pictures and post them! Stick the camera in a big jar and get some underwater pictures if you can, I would love to see them all in a big school, that would be so cool!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I DO LOVE SNOW.......................but that is ridiculous Mitch and I'm so not ready for Winter yet.
I need a few more hits of Summer on my plate before The Iceman cometh

Ask a Question