Pond is low, how to fill

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I am on township water and use Prime, even though our dept. said we don't have chloramines.....better safe than sorry. I put enough is for the entire pond ( even though I'm not changing out the entire pond ) place the hose to splash into the pond and set my phone timer, which I put in my pocket :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Our water smells like bleach, we don't even drink it so don't take chances with fish. I set a kitchen timer that I carry and also set oven timer if I come in house

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Evaporation is a pain in the butt fellas haha. Been. Huge heat wave here. Above 26 Celsius. My pond took a kicking lol. I shall fill it up and spray the decloroinator in the pond before she fills.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm on city water and I add water to my pond with a garden hose. I add dechlor first (Prime or Aquasafe) for the total volume of pond (not just the amount being added back in)

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm on city water and I add water to my pond with a garden hose. I add dechlor first (Prime or Aquasafe) for the total volume of pond (not just the amount being added back in)
That is truly overkill and could amount to quite alot of product for a bigger pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Put a hose in, and start filling it up. Shouldn't harm your fish. I've topped mine off in all weather. As you fill it up , add your conditioner

Ask a Question