Pond Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have them (different brand) in my pond. Mine change colors constantly. Wish I could just set them for 1 color.
Do you not like the color changing? I currently have small, white LEDs in some parts of my pond. Thought the color changing MIGHT add a nice touch but interested in why you would prefer a single color.

THANKS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Do you not like the color changing? I currently have small, white LEDs in some parts of my pond. Thought the color changing MIGHT add a nice touch but interested in why you would prefer a single color.

THANKS
I think it's like looking through a kaleidoscope; it's cool at first but gets old fast. Then, you're only wanting to watch the fish, not the colored lights. But to each their own. I used to have single color for along the waterline (white) which was interesting until the lenses got a bit algae-fied and I had to clean them too often, and had a light bluish color on each of my 3 waterfall shelves. I liked this last best and sometimes wish I still did this. I went to using aquairum uw led lights for the waterfall which made it a lot easier to manage because each then, when they died, could be replaced individually instead of all being tied to one line.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think it's like looking through a kaleidoscope; it's cool at first but gets old fast
big time agreed white lights for me . Though i have lights on one of my rides and i keep it on solid colors usually red or ice blue

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had lights got rid of them after night hunters used the lights to eat fish. This was before the net. Now have just never put them back in.

Ask a Question