POND NEWBIE help with liner size!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you haven't even gotten started why would you go with the cheapest crappiest material? Just put in the right thing the first time and save yourself the trouble of bad "liner".

we are on a very tight budget at the minute and are ok with having to replace it in the future.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hi we ordered a 16x20 liner from billboard tarps and when it comes we are going to downsize the hole we have already dug!
I used a billboard tarp for my pond. I installed it early 2014 and I have some serious bubbling going on. I did it this way because I wasn't sure I wanted a pond.
The issue is now that I am 2 years in, I have all kinds of lovely lily's and creatures and fish and now I have to move all of them out and buy a new liner and completely gut my pond. I didn't plan on having fish so springing a leak wasn't a big deal.... Until I added fish...
I understand the budget constraints but depending on what you are doing and what you will have in there you may want to reconsider.
Now I will say mine gets full sun.
Good luch and welcome!!
And yes @sissy it's me!! Lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know the tarp liners they sell in higher mils .I saw 30 mil and 40 mil

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I counted all my banana plants and right now 96 of them in the ground and 9 of them out of the ground ready for new homes .I am being banana attacked

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't think that's true, I think if I had kept my pond fish free, I would not have regretted the tarp liner. Different people have different plans with their pond and telling them to gtfo isn't what this pond forum is about.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well at the point we start talking a bout bananas I think it's a dead thread. By the way I did not literally mean gtfo, I just mean do the job right or don't do it at all, as with all things in life. If you are not prepared, do not undertake a home improvement task...... It's pretty basic stuff.

Ask a Question