Pond overflow

Reaction score
That would work great for our overflow, but I like the way it waters things on the way down the hill, far away from the house.

addy perhaps using it till it gets further from the pond so you don't have to deal with any washout..don't know if you get any now

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
[quote name='don't ask' timestamp='1340403216' post='125999']
addy perhaps using it till it gets further from the pond so you don't have to deal with any washout..don't know if you get any now
[/quote]

No washout, where the low edge is, is a piece of 2x8 framing in that one corner of the pond. We had to build it up cause of the slope. The water leaves the pond and starts heading downhill. It has to go around the edge of the bog, 4-5 feet of dirt/ rock / plants, then across a path, under a fence into the back field. Never had an issue with rain and the pond. I am actually shocked considering I have never built on a slope, no way to really know which way the water would run down the hill. Did my best to slope the land, built french drains, berms to direct the water flow. Must have done something right.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
[quote name='don't ask' timestamp='1340394297' post='125944']
buck could you have done this?

drain1.jpg

[/quote]mine is like this but smaller grate openings and drains out the back .Mine is under my water fall on the one corner so no way to get a pic of it now that I rebuilt that side of the pond the last couple of days .Never thought to ever take a pic of it .I also wired on a piece of bird fencing so fish hopefully would not get stuck there .Mine is set between the inside wall and the outside wall .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a low spot right next to my skimmer where the water will flow out once it reaches a certain height. It flows into a dry creek and about 10' away, it is lined with a liner to not cause washout or get back under my pond liner. Cheap, easy, and very effective!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just a low edge, with our slope the water automatically flows away from the pond.

Ask a Question