Pond progress (rock removal) before and after photos...

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I think I'd study the rocks on the side to see how much the border rocks at the surface are resting on them. Also maybe lift up a few of those edge rocks to see if there is enough of a flat ledge that they will be able to rest on the edge of the pond without falling in if you remove the wall rocks. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Lol but if it's too much work to remove the wall rocks I think you could try leaving them for awhile to see how the pond does. Some debris will collect in their pockets but not as much as did in the floor of the pond with the bottom comepletely rocked.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
But I still love the overall design they initially did! Of course I like evergreens so if it was mine I'd redo the border plantings to give it more of a mountain pond/alpine look, but that's just a personal preference. Keep sharing the good work your doing with it!

Ask a Question