sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the pond took awhile to get it back .Sometimes half the night working on it .Had to scan some pics off the puter to redo it .It looks a little different but not by much.I included pics of the new air balls I bought at big als .They work great and 1.49 for 2 inch ones WOW

Attachments

• pee and pond 061911 013.jpg
    pee and pond 061911 013.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 379
  • pee and pond 061911 017.jpg
    pee and pond 061911 017.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 365
  • pee and pond 061911 004.jpg
    pee and pond 061911 004.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 380
  • pee and pond 061911 016.jpg
    pee and pond 061911 016.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 313

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice sissy, you have done a great job.
I am going to check into those air balls. That is a bunch of air.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought 3 of them plus one of the 12 inch long air stones .The 12 inch one has to lay flat and you cannot drop it more than 6 inches .The airballs I have them high now until they absorb more water and then I will drop them lower .But for 1.49 that is a great price .I rated them on there sight and got vip points too for my next purchase .They have them listed under fish not under the pond stuff .I didn't want to change the pond much because what I had going was working great .But still worried about that dog .I was out mowing and trimming friday and there under my pear tree was fresh dog doo .Not sure but must have been what King Arthur was barking at the other night and last night too .I thought he was just barking at a deer .I could not see anything .My dogs are fenced in so know it was not them ,they can't get to the pear tree.I will have to go see the new people and see if there dog was loose again .It was not near my pond that I can tell.Yeh and they are on the pump with 3/16 th air line that I got on e-bay .They work great

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yes it is an air stone but shaped like a round ball hence the name air ball .Just a blue air stone .They have these air things if you throw them in the water during an electrical outage they add air just like the pond 02 does but cheaper .you can some what see the shape in the pic

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
taherrmann4, Here is the air balls I get from Purdin koi farm. These air stones are great! They last and don't clog. I just wish they made them longer for other applications such as for putting in the bio-filter like what we were discussing in the PM. These cost me $6 each and the next time I go there I'm going to grab a few extras.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 322

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like you got it back in ship shape condition again sissy. Just hope the dogs stay out of it cuz that would be the livin end at that point if it happened again. The air balls are a cool idea :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
for a 1.49 they are not bad it's says if they get clogged use peroxide and a kids soft toothbrush to clean them off .I just lowered them in my pond a foot now .Itried to put everything back the way it was and the waterfalls I was lucky did not have to take them totally apart just piece by piece as I tucked the liner farther up the falls to the filter and the other one just had to unstack the top rocks and lift the lower ones up and pull the liner up under them .If I had taken it down to the beginning I would probably still be working on it .The bridge was the hardest had to use the concrete block and a 2x10 to lift it up on both sides and leave it suspended while I took the sides apart .I think out of that all the hardest was catching the fish Aggie and Bert were the hardest .The little ones were easy scoop and toss in a fish tank .Not sure if some were tadpoles or fish LOL .Now I'm tadpole rescurer .scoop and threw them in big barrels and fish tank > I was worried at first about my fantails Popeye and Olive Oil they did not take well to the move.But they are back to themselves now .Swimming there little fat butts off LOL. Didn't kill a plant either .Broke 2 pots but killed nothing at least hope not scared a couple of lizards or is that they scared me

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still it's something that should not have happened and if it happens again w/ the same dog they need to pay up and suffer the consequences cuz you can't go through that again can ya?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
for sure not .I'm still not sure about the doggie doo under the pear tree and that is only about 15 feet from the pond .I Fixed the motion sensor light with an alarm and it will also turn on the living room light when it goes off .It was extra money to buy the parts for it but worth it .I talked to them and they said it could not have been there dog .Funny was she hung her head low and I guess dogs do remember what bad things they do .I gave her a stern warning she's a good dog just needs some guidance like children .Most of my neighbors know my pond and even stop by to check it out .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At least you will know when something gets close now to your pond sissy. Glad all has turned out well for your.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
new pics of the pond rebuilt and something I built in 2 hours this morning.Had to hang the sign somewhere .That is the air ball from big als .

Attachments

• pond new trellis 002.jpg
    pond new trellis 002.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 325
  • pond new trellis 009.jpg
    pond new trellis 009.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 313
  • pond new trellis 004.jpg
    pond new trellis 004.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 302
  • pond new trellis 014.jpg
    pond new trellis 014.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 274
  • pond new trellis 022.jpg
    pond new trellis 022.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 349

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
One of my fish did not handle the move so well now I have to take him out and put him in a sick tank .Friend is coming over later to help me catch the devil .I tried yesterday and the day before to catch him but he is to fast to catch by yourself .They have been more or less stressed out by the moving of them ,I'm surprised it is only one of them .The dog could have injured him too not sure .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have to go get more gravel and marble chips also .I'm just glad he only has it on 2 fins so far .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Taking a lot to get back where I was .Thats the new liner all clean and big Bert was showing off

Attachments

• pond new trellis 003.jpg
    pond new trellis 003.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 263
  • pond new trellis 008.jpg
    pond new trellis 008.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 343

Ask a Question