Pond talk

Dreartist

DrePond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
You mentioned you treated hour whole pond. I am thinking now of just draining pond, putting fish in exterior tub and treating that for 2 weeks. I'll be able to get all the snails out of the water this way. I am thinking of using Anchors Away of Dimilin. Anyone use these?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've used anchors away and it worked. have not used Dimilin but I have read of others using it on the Koi forums. I know there is a copper solution that kills snails too but off hand I can't think of what it is. I do remember that you couldn't use it with water lilies.

Dreartist

DrePond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
sissy said:
welcome dreartist to the forum and not sure how to get rid of them but did you bring an infected fish in to your pond .I hope someone can help you as my fish have never had them that I know of

I think ducks brought them back. I never had them either until last summer. Drained pond, surgery on fish, treated temp holding tank with dimilim ? And things were great After returning fish to fresh water. Now 3 of my fish have that pest again. Expensive fix bu love this hobby. Never quite sure if I am doing things correctly. Stay tuned

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like you are doing ok with replying. If you want to add pictures use the go advanced button below the reply box.

In the introduction section there are instructions on posting pictures if you are having problems.

You did the quote well.

Any other questions just ask, we will all help you.:)

You can do a search, and look for post by your user name. You can set up the preference to get an email for any reply to your post in the user cp.

Your in box is for private messages that someone might send you.

Thanks is done by the little thank button.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
For attachments just click manage attachments .Sometimes mine are to big and have to be resized to add your pics from your puter

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
sissy said:
For attachments just click manage attachments .Sometimes mine are to big and have to be resized to add your pics from your puter

Sissy, try resetting your camera to where it takes pictures under 7 megapixels. I found just by doing that that all mine fit without having to resize. The only drawback to doing this is if your trying to blow a picture up for a close-up to print. It can become very grainy after it's blown up 2-3 times over original, otherwise from posting on here you can't really tell any difference.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will have to try that never even realized I could do that .My sons gave me the camera last year because they know I love to take pics .I try resizing some of them but takes time and then sometimes it does not work very good they come out looking kinda funny and some not very clear

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I went out and took pics, @1.2 mega pixels 2.1 mega pixels, 3.1 mega pixels, 5.0 mega pixels, 7.5 mega pixels, 8.9 mega pixels, and 10 mega pixels. The 10 and 8.9 reguested resizing, Here are the others in that order from lowest to highest that didn't need resizing. The closer the image appears is me not the mega pixels. Kind of hard to reset the camera and get the axact same distance each time. LOL

Attachments

• lily pond 001.jpg
    lily pond 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 232
  • lily pond 002.jpg
    lily pond 002.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 189
  • lily pond 003.jpg
    lily pond 003.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 200
  • lily pond 004.jpg
    lily pond 004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 242
  • lily pond 005.jpg
    lily pond 005.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 218

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
could not really tell the difference at all .I was not looking at distance was looking at color and clarity .no difference at all and you showed a great item to show no difference .I looked at flower and leaves from center out You have a steady hand

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I don't understand why some pictures show up smaller than others, I think that may have something to do with the forum and they way they load, really not sure. If you download them to your computer and then try to blow them up that's when you can tell the difference in megapixels, The one to the lefy will get really grainy after magnifying one or two times, the one to the far right (higher MP) will blow up bigger without distorting.
My PC guy actually showed me this just recently, LOL he was showing because I was using up so much memory space in my picture files for no reason.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I have probably 100 disk full of pics, My hard drive has well over 25,000 pics and I probably have 3000 on my lap top that haven't been transfered to the Hard drive. I take sometimes 50 or more pics a day between posting here and posting NASCAR Diecast pics on another site. You know I think I have to many hobbies! LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze to many hobbies and to little time you mean .I love to take some really strange pics of things I see .You never know what you might catch on film .

Ask a Question