Pond Vacuum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thinking about getting a pond vacuum. Does anyone have any good advice? I have a 500 gal pond. Thanks

Reaction score
I don’t know the cost of them now … but I got a second hand one years back and I absolutely love it. From my 1000 g pond to a second small one in the front….. it makes clean very easy and it gets all the fines and debris out that a net will miss.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thinking about getting a pond vacuum. Does anyone have any good advice? I have a 500 gal pond. Thanks
I agree it may be overkill. I paid over $450 for min 3 years ago from the pond guys. Love it!! But for such a small pond. Idk if it’s worth the money.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you have in there? I have a 300 gallon stock tank I want to put in the ground and add something. But not sure what.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF THERES SOME WAY TO GET A SYPHONE GOING THAT CAN DO THE JOB

Reaction score
Country
United States
i have the oase...its great,,and expensive,,, but for a pond your size,,,i would not do it...get you a shop vac. that would work and cheap

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
My pond is way bigger than yours and I use a pool net. It's the big bag type that is meant to scoop out leaves. Not the flat skimmer type.

Just go very very slow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Shop vac doesn't work very well in my experience it fill very quickly and can not go very deep too much weight

Reaction score
Country
United States
i bought a oacis 8 yrs ago,,very expensive,,, like 800 , to much for a small pond,,,my pond is 6500 gal,,,its great for mine

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That depends on the depth if it's shallow it will do the job my pond is 6 foot and drop vac lol at me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Get a wet dry shop vac. You can use it for your pond, your car, and much more :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. I have a pond vac. It works pretty well for me. When we did our pavers a few years ago a lot of sand went in the pond and the pond vac got rid of everything that went in the pond. I usually use it in the spring before my plants grow too much. It might be harder to use right now if you have a lot of vegetation.

Ask a Question